Diagnostic and Consumables Leader, Asia
- GE Healthcare
- Posted 7/21/2017 8:49:42 AM
- Job Function: Sales
- Business Segment: Healthcare Life Sciences
Location(s): China, Singapore; BeiJing; Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
At GE ASEAN, we are imagination at work. From the Vietnam Engineering Center which focuses on product design, applications and services for the oil and gas sector to the NUS-GE Singapore Water Technology Centre which develops new solutions in water treatment, the GE ASEAN teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into leading products and services that solve some of the world’s toughest challenges. Join an innovative industry leader for an unprecedented career of significant influence within the region and beyond. Work alongside the best minds in the business and take advantage of GE’s generous investment in your education, growth and advancement. If you’re an energetic, focused problem solver, ready to share ideas and face challenges with flexibility, then join the GE ASEAN team in creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come.
The role is accountable to spear head the design in of GE Life Sciences Product in Diagnostic industry, working with Asia regions team. This role will provide leadership and ensure collaboration /Horizontal behavior between different global product teams and regions to accelerate the design in efforts and present to customer as One Life Sciences.
Responsible in conjunction with regional marketing to update the overall Modality organization as well as the P&L of evolving market and customer needs to drive the continuous product innovation adapted to local market needs. He/She will assist and contribute to the coordination of One Life Sciences account activities in conjunction with the Regional Sales team a to bring maximum business results and customer satisfaction to GEHC Life Sciences.
Ownership of Asia Diagnostic design in activity with the following focus:
1. Provide leadership to overall design in activities in Asia
2. Maintain SFDC/GPS of all design in activities with support from regions
3. Provide product gaps analysis pertaining to Diagnostic market
4. Grow sales revenue and margins for consumables products within Genomics and Cell Research product portfolio in Asia (APAC /China/India)
5. Update consumable products and modality leaders of evolving market and customer needs to drive the continuous product innovation adapted to local market needs
Financial Performance (for Consumables products with G&CR portfolio)
•Accountable to achieve the quarterly and yearly Product Operating Plan targets (Orders, Sales, Contribution Margin, Base Costs and Operating Margin and Cash (where applicable) for assigned geographical area
•Timely and accurate forecasting of pipeline and sales per the normal reporting cycles within the Product Business unit and Geographical Region.
•Provide input to and contribute to the formulation of the yearly business planning cycles for within their Product Business Unit and Geographical Region
Customer, market and Product expertise
•Develop deep scientific and technical knowledge including awareness of current and future trends in Life Sciences technology
•Update understanding of the customers changing technical and/or operational issues and challenges
•Understand and analyze market dynamics and competition, establish extended market intelligence in relation to customer pipeline to develop business opportunities and account teams in the geography. Provide ongoing feedback to management, region and marketing.
•Lead, educate, coach and direct the differentiation (position, value proposition and key messages) of their product/solution/service within assigned territory. Act as reference point to the Regional/Zone account teams regarding differentiation of their products. Continuously positions the value of their product within the relevant Life Sciences segments
•Know, interact and develop the strategy with Key Opinion Leaders and decision makers in product relevant scientific areas; manage professional relations with key customers to ensure understanding of needs and that GEHC product value proposition is differentiated in the minds of these key customer groups. Nurture relationships with professional society stakeholders.
•Determine market potential for their product/product range or segment and prioritize the opportunities with marketing
•In conjunction with Zone Manager and other modalities, align territories to market potential and priorities and assign optimal sales resources
•Prepare & implement a strategy & tactical plan for the designated product area appropriate to the business goals, in line with the global business strategy
•Is accountable to ensure compliance and execution of the regional sales process and rules of engagement within their teams in conjunction with the regional Account Managers and Zone Managers.
1. Minimum educational level: Degree in Biochemistry, Genetics, Molecular or Cellular Biology
2. More than 5 years of working experience
3. Able to travel more than 50%
4. Knowledge of Diagnostic market will be a plus.
5. Ability to interface with both internal team members and external customers as part of solutions based sales approach
6. Ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within an organization
7. Strong capacity and drive to develop career
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in local language as well as good command of English
9. Ability to synthesize complex issues and communicate in simple messages
10. Excellent organizational skills
11. Excellent negotiation & closing skills
12. Strong presentation skills
Quality Specific Goals
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Maintain knowledge of and understand all applicable Global Privacy and Anti-Competition Policies and operate within them to ensure that no company policy or Local/ Int’l Law is broken.
5. Maintain knowledge of and understand all applicable Environmental Health Policies (including but not limited to GE Healthcare EHS Policies, GE Healthcare Fleet Rules, etc.) and operate within them to ensure that no company policy or local / Int’l Law is broken.
6. Drive continuous improvement on all related processes, work instructions, and procedures to ensure ongoing standardization and simplification of the Quality Management System.
1. Adhere to and uphold highest standards of compliance to relevant international and local Regulatory and GE Healthcare Promotional Codes
• Adhere to all applicable GE and GE Healthcare compliance policies, codes and training requirements
• Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
Locations: China, Singapore; BeiJing; Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai