Equipment Engineer - TM&A (Loco)
- GE Global Growth Organization
- Posted 5/17/2017 4:47:18 PM
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Business Segment: Global Growth Organization India
Location(s): India; Pune
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Equipment Engineer Role will be responsible for planning, procurement so as to ensure parts availability in case of machine break down, Erection and commissioning of machining & fabrication machines including electrical & mechanical utilities, Drive Overall Equipment Effectiveness and productivity, Implement productivity actions in order to improve the process, Interface with various stakeholders - Internal and external.
• Spare part planning, procurement so as to ensure parts availability in case of machine break down. Tie out with the supplier to make sure the machine is up and running within the timeline.
• Erection and commissioning of machining & fabrication machines including electrical & mechanical utilities.
• Fixtures Preventive maintenance & repair will be carried out by the Equipment Engineer.
• Maintaining equipment health & availability, including periodic calibration of the machines is in the scope of the engineer.
• Qualifying the Equipment before production and certification for readiness of use will be carried out by the engineer
• Drive Overall Equipment Effectiveness and productivity
• Actively support EHS programs in the plant
• Execute chip / metal scrap value stream (from generation to collection & disposal). Work with Warehouse, Materials, Production team for the activity.
• Asset tracking will be included in the scope of work of the equipment engineer.
• Implement productivity actions in order to improve the process
• Lead and effectively interface with manufacturing, engineering and other support teams to complete projects to meet EHS, production, quality, cost savings, and new product development goals within schedule and budget
• Interface with vendors and internal contacts in an effective manner to ensure that the technical and EHS perspective is properly conveyed
• Assure that all technical data are accurately documented to provide an accurate technical/historical base for future reference and to meet customer / end user requirements
1.. First Class Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent engineering discipline.
2.. 5-7 Years of Experience in Engineering industry – with firsthand experience of managing the processes of a machine shop / fabrication shop and new product introduction
3. Knowledge or prior experience in equipment maintenance.
1. Highest Levels of Personal Integrity and Safety Mindset.
2. Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions
3.. Strong organizational skills, MS office skills
4. Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously and Ability to work in a matrix organization.
5.. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with good oral and written communication skills
6. Strong project and team leadership
7. Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma Methodology
8. Fluent in English and Hindi Language (Written and
Locations: India; Pune