GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
Nearly all large scale energy development companies utilizes specialised measurement and control equipment in their operations. This equipment provides vital information to indicate that the machines and equipment in a plant are operating properly and safely. An increasing number of individuals are needed to ensure measurement equipment and control systems are maintained and working properly. Essential Responsibilities:
- Inspects, tests, adjusts, and repairs electric, electronic, mechanical, and pneumatic instruments and systems used to indicate, record, and control generating operations in conventional or nuclear power electric generating plant: Inspects meters, indicators, and gauges to detect abnormal fluctuations.
- Tests accuracy of flow meters, pressure gauges, temperature indicators, controllers, radiation counters or detectors, and other recording, indicating or controlling instruments to locate defective components in system, using test equipment, such as pressure gauges, mercury manometers, potentiometers, pulse and signal generators, oscilloscopes, transistor curve tracers, and ammeters, voltmeters, and wattmeter's.
- Traces out and tests electronic solid state and vacuum tube circuitry and components to locate defective parts in analogue and digital, protection, or radiation monitoring systems, using test equipment, schematics, and maintenance manuals.
- Removes defective instruments from system, decontaminates, disassembles, and cleans instruments, and replaces defective parts, using hand tools.
- Reassembles instruments and replaces instruments in system, using hand tools.
- Lubricates instruments and replaces defective wiring and tubing.
- Calibrates readings on instruments according to standards and adjusts phasing and aligns stages to ensure accuracy of recording and indicating function.
- Records calibrations made, parts and components used, and inventory of parts on hand.
- Prepares schematic drawings, sketches, and reports to reflect changes or alterations made in instruments, circuits, and systems.
S3 in Electrical Engineering is required for entry level
Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role’s location
Strong ability to communicate verbal and in written English
Locations: South Africa; Witbank- Heidelburg