Engineer – Cabling and Termination
- GE Power
- Posted 8/17/2017 4:49:35 AM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Power Steam Power Systems
Location(s): India; Noida
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Engineer – Cabling and Termination is expected to do the following activities:
• Design cabling of complete system for project requirement.
• Preparing the specification of cable.
• Prepare technical replies and responsible for correctness of the documents.
• Represent engineering scope of supply and services to the project team and towards the customers and suppliers.
• Ensure that the design of his/her Engineering function is according to the applicable rules, regulations codes and standards and according to good engineering practise.
• Preparation of Cable specification and data sheet.
• Calculation of cable size and finalisation of parameter.
• Good knowledge of Cabling tools.
• Preparation of cable BOQ.
• Preparation/review of Design Concept and Electrical standard specifications
• Preparation of sizing calculation note for cable (MV, LV, Control and Instrument.).
• Provide input for the preparation of Master Time Schedule and prepare EDM.
• Analyses the comments on Cable sizing, layout Electrical equipment and completeness of the documentation part.
• Analyse the customer comments and technical query and prepare the related answer.
• Support to Project Engineering Manager in their Project activities.
• Support Procurement in the management of all claims and variations from the subcontractor.
• Support the preparation of the Quality Control Plan (QCP).
• Proactively follow-up & do the input management to track and
trace documents and material through the document
management team, expediting team and MTA system.
• Participate in design review and design freeze meeting and ensure the corrective actions defined by the design review are closed on time.
• Support in claim negotiations and preparation of relevant document and facts.
• Ensure a coordinated approach in all areas with the other engineering activities / disciplines.
• Ability to handle the turnkey package including sizing, Supply, erection and commissioning of entire cabling.
• Support to tender team as per requirement.
• Support to standardization/cost out efforts.
• Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering
• 3 year of relevant experience in Electrical equipment cabling design
• 4- 5 years of Experience in Power industry.
• Cabling concept in the power plant.
• Good Knowledge of design and installation of Cabling system.
• Knowledge of National / Inter National code and standard like IS, IEC IEEE.
Functional Know How:
• Know and apply Design methods, rules and tools to specify the systems / components.
• Power plant layout basic knowledge.
• Knowledge of interfaces.
• Good skill in the use of computer applications and computer tools.
• Basic concept of control system
• Good knowledge of Engineering, design and project management tools and methods
Ability to foresee situations and adopt accordingly.
• strong communicational skills
• ability to travel to international clients and partners
• Good command on written & verbal communication skills in English.
• Team player with good interpersonal skills.
Locations: India; Noida