Analyst - Cash Management
- GE Global Operations
- Posted 7/26/2017 4:36:42 PM
- Job Function: Finance
- Business Segment: Global Operations MENAT & SSA
Location(s): Egypt; Cairo
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This role will have responsibilities for management of non-cash pooled accounts including forecasting and positioning, working with the treasury to implement Treasury funding solutions. Proactively communicating and delivering on Treasury processes, establishing local SOP and procedures for Regional cash funding & position management function.
• Monitor standalone accounts in the region to ensure that all countries /legal entity and accounts are sufficiently funded.
• Execute tactical funds transfers for business as usual activity as per standard operating procedures and at the direction of the Corporate Treasury team. Funds transfers are executed at the direction of Corporate Treasury and the GE business, and are facilitated using Treasury’s dedicated workstation.
• Consolidate Short-term and long-term cash forecasting
• Execute daily operational forecast vs actual cash reconciliations in accordance with company policies and standard operating procedures.
• Identification of any chances on cross-border cash repatriation, including but not limited to quarter-end cash sweep, dividend and loans
• Perform daily review of non-electronic reporting bank account balances and update balances to respective Treasury platform for the purposes of cash-on-hand reporting, forecasting and liquidity management.
• Participate in Cash management related projects execution. It may involve liaising with different treasury work streams and functional resources
• Business support in regards to cash management
• Participation in transition and simplification activities.
• Build expertise in the cash management nuances for the region.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in financial services and/or banking related field.
• Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree in accounting, finance, or other business related field.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Knowledge of fundamental accounting concepts and interest accrual calculation methodologies.
• Proven analytical skills, numeracy and financial awareness.
• Highly organized with demonstrated ability to meet commitments within strict deadlines.
• Strong communication and team-working skills.
• Computer Literacy: MS Office, particularly Excel
• Ability to effectively collaborate across geographical locations, business and functions to deliver on goals & objectives.
• Treasury Cash operations or related Treasury operational experience
• Experience in funds transfer execution, bank account cash reconciliations and general cash management.
• Knowledge of treasury workstations and familiarity with intercompany lending concepts and respective operational processes.
• Strong technical knowhow, especially as it relates to Treasury business intelligence systems and applications.
Locations: Egypt; Cairo