GE Global Operations is GE's multi-functional shared services organizations focused on delivering better outcomes at lower cost for our businesses and our customers. The strong partnership between Global Operations and GE Businesses creates a collaborative work culture and broadens best practice and industry knowledge sharing across the enabling functions. We believe that by keeping GE customers at the heart of everything we do, we will help GE work smarter, better and faster, allowing GE businesses to be more competitive in the global marketplace.We are teams of functional process and domain experts, focused on the solutions that deliver results for the company. We think Big, we act as One, We deliver with Speed ... so GE Works. Role Summary:
In this role you will work on an operational Customs team responsible for import/export program support. Essential Responsibilities:
- Ensure oversight of the accuracy and timeliness of customs declarations made with all elements, including but not limited to classification, value, proper use of incoterms, country of origin, duty payment, OGA requirements etc.
- Audit shipping documents for compliance with regulations, GE Enterprise Standards and Policies and contractual documents;
- Assess shipment and clearance issues and proposes correction and process improvement measures;
- Facilitate the collection & analysis of data to effectively measure & report performance to internal customer base
- Partner with cross functions (Finance, Special Programs, IT, FP&A etc.) and BPO to enhance data quality and availability
- Escalates issues as required by Customs Enterprise Standards and implementing procedures;
- Coordinate with the Regional and Global functions to drive consistency, adapt and share best practices
- Follow and enforce controllership and compliance policies while maintaining strong working relationship with all internal business partners.
- Perform wing to wing audit for full chain of transaction since order for goods placed in the system until delivery to final client.
- Knowledge and understanding of Customs Regulations and associated processes
- Analytical oriented mindset
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong team work and prioritization skills
- Numerate with a good eye for detail, precision
- Effective interpersonal communication skills with emphasis on building good working relations
- Ability to anticipate and resolve challenges efficiently
- Demonstrated ability in both oral and written communication required.
- Fluency in English.
- Compliance & controllership mindset
- Proficient in Microsoft and data visualization applications
- Successful applicant will be legally eligible to enter into an employment relationship under the laws of Hungary
- Additional European languages (other than English)
- Knowledge of GE Customs systems and processes
- Established networks within the GE Customs organizations