Lead Analyst – Disbursements (Egypt Hub)
- GE Global Operations
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:22:09 PM
- Job Function: Finance
- Business Segment: Global Operations MENAT & SSA
Location(s): Egypt; Cairo
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Egypt Center Disbursement lead analyst will be responsible for leading the disbursement activities required to support a supply chain activities in the Egypt and other META countries as needed. The Disbursement lead analyst will direct the daily activities of the treasury payment staff ensuring all disbursements are processed and paid timely and in compliance to all policies and procedures. This role reports to META Global Ops treasury service leader.
1. Become a subject matter expert on the day to day responsibilities of all Egypt disbursement center activities
2. Identify process improvement opportunities on disbursements and lead/support simplification projects/initiatives. Lead the implementation of disbursement tools e.g. webcash/gBanc/MyBanc and ensure achievement of maximum penetration.
3. Monitor Egypt center Treasury disbursement team and report performance measures to ensure performance meets or exceeds standards (Monitor failed payments / bank rec open items etc..)
4. Ensure all policies and procedures which apply to any disbursement activity in Egypt center are followed
5. Maintain good records and controls which provide an audit trail for all duties performed
6. Participate in regional/global roll-ups/reviews and closing activities
7. Support Business leadership, establish insightful analysis on treasury disbarments performance as needed
8. Establish visibility on disbursements dispute cases by invoice level
9. Approve process exceptions up to pre-defined levels
10. Ensure that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved
11. Maintain a high degree of communication, cooperation and coordination with GE businesses controllers and staff
12. Work with Corporate Finance, Treasury, Tax and B2P resources to ensure appropriate disbursement management and financial reporting
13. Ensure the day-to-day activities of all Egypt Center Treasury disbursements employees is managed. Oversee the hiring, development, and training of personnel, and provide a reservoir of professional talent
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Finance or proven years’ business experience preferably in Banking or Treasury or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Demonstrated strong analytical skills
• Strong computer skills and proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
• Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to reference verification, and background check.
• Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
1. Minimum 8 years of prior experience in banking or disbursements operations.
2. Demonstrated financial analysis skills with ability to develop actionable strategic recommendations
3. organizational skills with detail orientation.
4. Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
5. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, can do attitude / self-starter
6. Self-Motivated team player. Ability to work on a team as well as manage or participate in projects
7. Strong follow up skills to ensure tasks are being completed in the timetable established.
8. Flexible timing required. May need to provide coverage to US on a routine basis. This would mean working till 8pm. Start time will accordingly be flexible.
Locations: Egypt; Cairo