GE announced they signed a definitive agreement to sell the Water & Process Technologies business to SUEZ, a services and solutions company with global operations primarily in water and waste management. The deal will be subject to customary closing conditions such as regulatory review and appropriate consultation and we expect this to be complete by mid-2017. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017. Role Summary:
The role lasts 6 months, working closely with the local teams and at the same time in a multinational environment. It will be a great opportunity to gain valuable work experience in an engineering environment with one of the World’s largest and best known companies.
You will gain experience in basic project engineering activities and activities within an assigned region. Essential Responsibilities:
- Project Document Control specialist is responsible for managing company/project documents while also ensuring their accuracy, quality and integrity
- Document control specialist stores, manages and tracks company project documents, received and/or provided both from the vendors and the customer, keeping the team informed on the documents status.
- With reference to the project Vendor Deliverable List and project Vendor Final Dossier index, he/she organizes and maintains documents, collecting the needed document, expediting the missing documents, creating project specific cover sheets, adding project/customer codes, grouping more documents together and/or ungrouping parts of the same document, transferring the file and relevant transmittals to the final customer
- Employers seek certain qualities in document control specialists. These include being self-directed, the ability to work independently, and being highly-motivated. Document control specialists often work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment, so it's important they can stay focused and carry out their tasks in a timely and accurate manner. They should be detail-oriented, dependable and trustworthy since they come in contact with complex and sensitive documents
- Gain a working knowledge of all water and wastewater products and processes
- Work closely with Process Engineering and Project Engineering
- To develop PowerPoint presentations and other graphic presentations to communicate progress, share best practices, or to provide updates
- To update some document in accordance with the project requirements
- Performing assignments where trust and accuracy are required.
- Current enrolment in an engineering degree program in chemical or mechanical engineering
- Strong interest in water treatment process design and technical specification equipment maintenance
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong English skills (verbal and written)
- Basic skills in AutoCad or similar CAD system is an advantage
- EU work permit
- Self-motivated, proactive
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, flexible to changes, meet deadlines
- Goal oriented
- Team player, capable of working within a globally diverse team across different time zones
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information