Continuous Improvement / Lean Leader - Aviation
- GE Aviation
- Posted 5/26/2017 4:55:07 AM
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Business Segment: Aviation Supply Chain
Location(s): Singapore; Singapore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
To lead the continuous improvement teams for Aircraft engine component repair shops in Singapore.
Lean / Continuous improvement
• Coach operations teams in establishing product families and value stream maps for each business unit and guide teams in identifying improvement opportunities.
• Lead action workout (kaizen) events with operations, materials, logistics, engineering and quality teams to improve delivery, cost, quality and safety performance by applying tools including setup reduction, mistake proofing, turnback reduction, standard work, 6S, TPM, benchmarking and visual management.
• Lead redesign of existing cells and transformation of process villages into mixed model cells that achieve best-in-class delivery, cost, quality and safety targets through combination of lean principles, visual management, automation and robotics
• Lead creation of improved work areas for targeted operations by collaborating with operators, engineers and experts in ergonomics, point-of-use tooling, automation and robotics
• Pioneer the concept of “capacity slots” in component repair by using supermarkets, equivalent units and heijunkas to level load daily production and eliminate impact of input and mix variability, establish standard work for cells to flex capacity by up to 40% in response to sustained surges in demand and train operating teams to execute surge plans with minimal oversight
• Lead Business process improvement action workouts with Finance, Customer Service and other key support functions
• Support improvement of New Product Introduction (NPI) process with engineering, operations, quality and other support functions
• Guide implementation of statistical process control & certification for critical-to-quality processes
• Facilitate establishment of a culture of continuous improvement by implementing a calendar for refreshing value stream maps for all business units with a regular rhythm to review progress on improvement opportunities, closure of actions and measurement of benefits.
• Improve competency of operations leaders in continuous improvement tools through class-room instructions and action work outs
• Develop competency of front line supervisors, engineers, technicians and key office personnel in continuous improvement tools through class-room instructions and action work outs.
• Train selected salary and hourly personnel in root cause, corrective action tools, DMAIC problem solving and design of experiments
• Develop continuous improvement talent (Green Belts & Black Belts)
• Coordinate tracking of bullet train and cost reduction projects with all functions in the company.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college.
• At least 8 years’ hands-on experience in leading continuous improvement in Aviation manufacturing or MRO environment.
• Lean manufacturing experience and expertise in application of tools like VSM, mixed-model cell design, setup reduction, mistake proofing, 3P, 6S, TPM, DMAIC, Process Certification is highly desired
• Six Sigma Master Black Belt or equivalent certification is required.
• Strong expertise and knowledge of driving sustainable change via TPM, Lean Manufacturing, Lean Six Sigma or similar approaches.
• Strong interpersonal, leadership and conflict resolution skills.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
• Good Knowledge of the MRO processes, materials/production control systems and routines.
• Trusted advisor in project/change management and have the power to influence in a fast paced environment.
• Ability of working in an international environment and collaborating with colleagues across a corporate network.
• Ability to cross between Lead, Manage, Coaching styles & modify approach according to the situation.
• Strategic mindset and know that working close to the shop floor will be a winning concept.
Locations: Singapore; Singapore