Flow Cell Technician
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 5/26/2017 8:03:47 AM
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Digital Solutions
Location(s): Ireland; Shannon
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This permanent role is based with GE Sensing EMEA, Shannon. We are a high growth technical business with a global customer base, and are seeking an individual who wants a challenging but rewarding role, contributing to growing the business in line with strategic direction.
• Work with Shannon Supply Chain and Holland or other European based vendors to execute on project sales order fulfillment.
• Interface with customers, vendors and internal cross functional teams as necessary, to ensure smooth order execution
• The successful candidate will be measured on his ability to execute orders according to plan
• Significant travel between Shannon and European based vendors & calibration laboratories.
• Inspection of flow cells, mechanical assembly & testing of ultrasonic flow systems including flow cells, zero flow tests and calibration of assembled meters at calibration laboratories.
• Host Inspections and witness off-site activities to support order fulfillment and project schedule milestones.
• Recognized third-level qualification in Mechanical Engineering (or related discipline) or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Proven years of technical experience in a related industry, (Oil & Gas Industry experience preferred).
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong background in interpretation of Engineering drawings/specifications (Weld Symbols, Specifications, Tolerances), and manufacturing process planning/evaluation.
• Read and interpret material data sheets for flanges, pipe, valves, etc.
• Effectively communicate issues and find solutions with vendors or Applications/ Project Engineers working collaboratively to improve quality, meet delivery and reduce cost.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong computer skills (MS Office Applications, AutoCAD). Computer literate with operational experience using test programs in DOS and Windows environment, and become familiar with the computer databases.
• Determine acceptance criteria, interpret data, evaluate data, select the best possible standards.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and coordinate numerous jobs and assignments simultaneously, prioritize changing workloads, and maintain a high level of accuracy under tight time constraints, while keeping the work area clean and organized.
• Possess unyielding integrity, a strong commitment to customer satisfaction, a high degree of self-motivation, and a strong work ethic.
• 30% travel approximately
• Experience with European PED specifications
• Understanding of ASME IX, of EN 10204 3.1, NACE spec and/or ASME Codes / Requirements.
• Experience with NDE/NDT (LPI, X-Ray, etc.) documentation to compliance to ASME Codes / GE Requirements.
Locations: Ireland; Shannon