MEDICAL ADVISOR MPS - PHARMA
- GE Healthcare
- Posted 8/7/2017 4:49:17 AM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Healthcare Life Sciences
Location(s): Egypt; Cairo
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Provide medical and scientific support to both internal and external customers and respond to information enquiries and drug safety issues.
To ensure accuracy of medical content of promotional materials and are created and utilized consistent with GE Policies and local regulations for the medical function.
The Medical Advisor will provide support to the commercial activities, research, marketing, and safety issues within the Region consistent with legal and regulatory requirements.
They will have responsibility of acting as a medical expert for one or more of the company’s key products and will usually work on projects where their experience can bring additional benefit to the Region. They will be recognized as a key partner to their commercial partners and seen as adding medical value to the business.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
• Preparation and delivery of training materials to support new staff as well as continuing training and support of the existing staff on emerging and marketed products and clinical evidence.
• Key role in presenting business cases and key clinical evidence as well as clinical paper summaries and disease area information to regional and national meetings of key referral groups.
• Providing an additional and important contact point for relationships with Key Opinion Leaders especially in the Radiology, Cardiology, Neurology and Nuclear Medicine specialties.
• Participation at regional and national scientific meetings as requested.
• Approval of promotional and other materials in accordance with appropriate regulations.
• Involvement in the assessment and monitoring of investigator initiated trials.
• Provide medical leadership to the commercial, marketing, and R&D organizations.
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Full understanding of pharmacovigilance SOP with timely processing of all reported adverse events
5. Timely and complete provision of all information with respect to Investigator initiated trial within the region for the product in which they act as medical expert
6. Understand and apply the regional regulations with respect to approval of promotional materials
7. Provide timely input to the central approval of international materials for the product for which they act as medical expert
8. Lead continuous improvement activities by driving the implementation of process and product quality improvement initiatives
1. Medically qualified and registered
2. Good commercial acumen and experience in a commercial environment.
3. Fluent in English (both written and oral) and any other language, preferably Arabic.
4. Demonstrate excellent presentation and communication skills to a range of internal and external customers
1. Experience in any of the radiology, nuclear medicine, cardiology, neurology or urology specialties.
2. A doctorate degree and licensed within their respective specialty.
3. 3-5 years experience in a medical affairs role in the pharmaceutical industry
4. Experience of approving promotional materials in accordance with the appropriate regulations.
5. Willing to travel.
6. Self-motivated and confident team player with attention to detail and a proven ability of working to deadlines.
7. Ability to work effectively in cross functional and cross border teams
Locations: Egypt; Cairo