At GE Aviation
, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re
manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation
teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest
problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our
culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber
talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products
or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and
advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for
generations to come.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
You are a talented&experienced lead engineer, expected to perform design, production&customer support activities within the Services Engineering organization, with particular focus to housing components design.
The position requires important involvement into technical assessment&management of fielded components performance&into production processes, through a deep collaboration with Manufacturing&Supply Chain &activities aimed at improving product manufacturability and producibility.
- Build technical knowledge expertise in aeronautical gearbox gear and shaft components
- Use of design tools: CAD as Unigraphics NX , and FEM CAE as Nastran, Ansys and in-house SW’s
- Support activities related to fielded components performance and investigations
- Proactively support and coordinate activities with other Company departments and Suppliers to implement product improvements (eg concurrent design, cost-out activities)
- Support management of Quality Notifications (QN) for gearbox components, ie provide indications to manage defective components
- Support Source Substantiation (Validazioni Tecnologiche) activities for gearbox components
- Develop component design to achieve the objectives of cost, performance and life
- Issue technical documents (ie drawings, reports, specifications)
- Master Degree in Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering from an accredited university
- Previous proven experience in mechanical design and in gearbox product
- Experience with CAD tools (ie Unigraphics NX)
- Experience with FEM tools (ie Nastran, Ansys)
- English and Italian language knowledge, both written and oral
- PC proficiency
- EU Work Permit
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Availability to work in the week-end, in case of need
- Availability to work on shifts, in case of need
- Experience in static structures design, preferably in aeronautical product
- Experience in supporting Production issues
- Experience in cost and value engineering
- Knowledge of aeronautical Certification rules, ie EASA Part 21, CS-E, FAR’s
Locations: Italy; Rivalta di Torino