GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
All site activities will be done in coordination with the OCM
-Preparation of site discipline activity
-Discipline coordination at Site.
-Execution of the subcontract in charge.
-Discipline erection team coordination.
-Quality and EHS implementation.
-Support any D2E initiative (dedicate to excellence)
-Implement 0 deviation program and the 9 Alstom directives
Preparation of Site activity(Head Office preparation time)
- Coordinate with Head office the constructability, subcontractors selection and scope
- Review erection instruction and applicable standard at Site
- Review STS (Site Tasks Schedule)
- Technical advisory
Discipline coordination at site
- Provide inputs and support OCM
- Coordination with the Overall Construction Manager and other discipline Managers on all issues affecting the scope of the discipline works and interfaces with other works
- Propose modification to planning or erection process to avoid disruption,.
- Define co-activity risk and planning and attend coordination meeting.
- Develop and implement an efficient system for erection activities.
- Develop mitigation plans to minimize impacts: NCR, Punch Items, forensic events
- Insure and maintain good communication with subcontractors, partners and project stakeholders
- Cascade within team and subcontractors erection strategy defined by OCM.
Execution of the subcontract
- Execution of erection works related to discipline in charge, which are to be compliant with the time schedule and within the respective budget and satisfactory quality
- Verify 3 months and 3 weeks look ahead subcontractor / partner and associated manpower
- Checking of and promulgation of erection documentation to subordinate personnel.
- Review RAMS issued by subcontractors
- Managing the turn-over packages for commissioning within the discipline work planning
- Coordination for access to all areas within the scope of the discipline works by subordinate erection forces and by others.
- Verify subcontractors / partner site organization (staff, manpower, tools, equipment, EHS, Quality, …) are in accordance with the contract
- Organize and attend regular meeting subcontractors / partners
- Regular review of disciple progress with subcontractors / partners ; define mitigation plan if necessary
- Organize Site internal review with subcontractors / partners.
- Compile remaining works and Punch-Ite m ; ensure diffusion
- Maintain a comprehensive and detailed logbook of all relevant events.
- Preparation and pre checks to ensure all materials are available and all required tools and equipment are available
- Communicate with Engineering to resolve and clarify any technical issue
Ownership of the subcontract budget and planning
- Conduct investigation and take remedial action within the scope of the discipline works of all variances, deviations, non-conformances, extra works, claims, non-budgeted costs etc. and coordination with the OCM and Site Contracts
- Manager and other site management to eliminate or minimize the cost impact to GE.
- Verify Field Work Order consistency and cost (in accordance with subcontract)
- Prepare forecast for Site cost and manpower
Quality and EHS implementation
- Implementation within the discipline’s scope of works of ALSTOM’s EHS and Quality policy
- Providing co-workers with information about hazards, risks and elimination measures applicable to the site.
- Implementation of specific EHS Plan
- Ensure quality plans (ITPL) are used by subordinate and subcontractors / partners as defined by ALSTOM (including by performing spot auditing)
- Ensure quality records progress in parallel of erection activity.
- Check and review SWCF with quality department
- Coordinate with QA/QC department all quality control on Site
- Provide input for NCC and forensic process
- Support any quality initiative at site as 8D, root cause analysis, continuous improvement
- Enforce the Alstom EHS directive (High risk activities, control of contractor, lockout-tag out, electrical safety, mechanical safety, work at height, excavation work, lifting operation, vehicle movement,…).
- Daily toolbox talk with subcontractor team
Education & Trainings
- Higher education in Construction & Engineering
- Quality Management awareness
- EHS GE program
- Appropriate training in leadership and management.
- High proficiency in English required
- Wide Experience in site construction execution.
- Thorough knowledge of power plant systems
- Logical and process minded
- Interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with staff at all levels in a variety of cultures
- Requires high degree of analysis, judgment and decisiveness
- High degree of integrity
- Managerial skills
- Negotiation and presentation skills
- Quick and optimal decision making
- Delegating, setting priorities and acting directly towards the target
- Willing to take responsibility
- Exhibits common sense, is respectful and loyal
- Cost awareness, good feel for trade offs and compromises.
- Open-minded for change and new ideas
- Goals/objectives oriented
- Can work autonomously
- University degree preferred
- Proficiency in the local language may be required
- Experience in the function and in the management of people
- Knowledge EN is preferable
- Preferably energy sector experience and project management
- Multicultural – able to motivate to get the best out of people in different countries/cultures
- Multicultural mindset
- Data Analysis
- Any other language