GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
We are building a high performing workshop team responsible for the cost effective repair and overhaul of various electrical motors and components on behalf of a major OHV automotive customer.
The team will take internal ownership of its decision making and personally own a commitment to excellent customer service while complying with OEM and Quality System requirements. Essential Responsibilities:
- Work as part of a high performing team to achieve team and business objectives.
- Ensure team compliance to GE Quality, EHS and other policies are adhered to always.
- Actively participate in the teaming model, including but not limited to teaming meetings and fulfilling the functions or duties decided by the team on a rotational basis.
- Conduct rewinds, overhauls, and repairs on Traction Motors, Alternators and Blower Motors
Rewind High voltage DC and AC electrical components rotors, armatures, field coils, pole pieces and various Stators.
In addition to the rewind function the candidate for this role should be able to:
- Conduct static and dynamic testing of electrical equipment.
- Estimate, description of problems, and/or expected serviceability.
- Test electro-mechanical equipment to troubleshoot known or suspected problems using various methods.
- Disassemble electro-mechanical equipment noting parts identification, configuration, and condition.
- Clean electro-mechanical equipment assemblies using various methods and steps, including, but not limited to: parts washers/steamers glass beads blasting, etc.
- Use precision measurement tools and equipment to determine serviceability and accurate notation of results.
- Replace or repair worn or defective mechanical or electro-mechanical assemblies, including, but not limited to: bearings, brushes, brush holders, motor leads, seals, impellers, mechanical switches, fans, coils, and shields.
- Re-test reassembled electro-mechanical equipment for proper output and operation.
- Prepare cost estimates for repair of products including description of the problem, and/or expected serviceability.
- Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
- Operate specialized repair and testing equipment and other equipment as needed.
- Lift, tighten, adjust, and/or secure heavy objects to perform work duties.
- Keep work area neat and clean.
- Assist other technicians and/or other shop members in skilled and/or non-skilled duties.
- Perform other skilled or non-skilled duties as directed or as collectively decided by team.
- Participate in workplace inspections and safe work observations.
- Ensure mandatory PPE is applied.
- Comply with mandatory random drug and alcohol testing.
- Attend all teaming toolbox talks, workplace safety meetings and compliance talks.
- Undertake training required for the position.
- Work with the team to ensure flexibility and responsiveness to deliver work in accordance with customer requirements.
- Prioritise workloads.
- Proven ability to rewind heavy or large electrical alternators and motors including their stators.
- Proven ability to identify report and address risks and work safely in manufacturing/repair facility.
- Possession of Engineering Trade Qualification Level III in Electrical Machine Repair, Electrical Fitting or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to repair, rewind and overhaul large high voltage electrical motors and alternators.
- WA electrical licencing is required
- Brazing and/or Welding qualifications required
- Soldering qualification or experience required
- Sound communication skills including – concise verbal skills, the ability to write short technical reports and actively listen.
- Proven ability to give and receive feedback to facilitate personal growth and the growth of other team members.
- Flexible and adaptable customer solution focussed attitude.
- Demonstrated high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex problem solving
- Possession of or commitment to obtaining High Risk Work Licences – Forklift, Dogger or Rigger tickets.
- Machining qualifications or experience relevant to the role is desirable.
Australia; Perth, Brisbane, Sydney, Newcastle