Senior Counsel - Commercial
- GE Aviation
- Posted 10/27/2017 11:11:36 AM
- Job Function: Legal
- Business Segment: Aviation Legal & Business Development
Location(s): Singapore; Shanghai
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This position will provide legal support to GE Aviation’s businesses in China/Greater China, including the commercial sales and marketing organization responsible for new engine sales, business development related transactions, services transactions, sourcing and lease agreements and customized material solutions, and support GE Aviation’s Services’ engine overhaul and repair facilities.This position will come under the supervision of GE Aviation’s Executive Counsel, Asia.
• Position entails functioning as a proactive member of a boundaryless business and legal team.
• The candidate will be required to provide a full range of pro-active legal services to GE Aviation’s business in Greater China region with a primary focus on the delivery of commercial/corporate support, which would include drafting, negotiating, and advising on a variety of transactions and business activities related to the aviation industry and other business related transactions.
• This position will provide ongoing advice and support to GE Aviation’s operating affiliates in Greater China with respect to those businesses’ various general operating matters, including commercial disputes, commercial real estate, aviation regulatory matters, company secretarial duties, compliance reviews and training, creditors’ rights and other issues affecting the business.
• The candidate should have a high energy level, disciplined work style, and self-confidence to succeed in this role.
• Minimum of six to eight years practice post qualification experience either with a major international law firm or at suitable in-house position, with major emphasis on commercial/corporate transactions. Substantial experience in structuring, negotiating, documenting and closing commercial contracts and transactions.
• Excellent communication, drafting and negotiation skills; superior analytical ability and a strong general commercial background (Chinese law qualification is preferred but not essential); creativity, vision and sound judgment in developing and implementing legal solutions and responding to trends in the law.
• Excellent English & Mandarin language skills are a pre-requisite.
• Pro-active, imaginative team player capable of operating as a member of a cross-functional business team, in one of most global companies in the world.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to handle multiple priorities and assignments in a time pressured environment.
• Ability to develop process-driven solutions to recurring issues.
• Excellent academic record. LLB/LLM or equivalent from a recognized US institution of higher learning is preferred.
Locations: Singapore; Shanghai