At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it’s about the future of industry—energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It’s about making the world work better. GE is transforming itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company, executing critical outcomes for our customers. Explore how you can drive greater asset reliability, lower operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix platform and software solutions.
Predix, the platform for the Industrial Internet, is powering digital industrial businesses that drive the global economy. By connecting industrial equipment, analyzing data, and delivering real-time insights, Predix-based apps are unleashing new levels of performance of both GE and non-GE assets. Continuous data acquisition, coupled with timely response demands brilliantly robust and scalable technologies at the edge and onward to the cloud. Predix is purpose-built to offer software services that deliver actionable intelligence, transformative insights, and effective control—from the edge, to the data center, and back. The Customer Support Engineer role reports to the Director of Customer Support, Michael McGee. Role Summary:
As the Senior Customer Support Engineer, you will provide technical assistance for local and remote users in an IIoT application support environment as well as maintenance on systems. The role is administrative focused with tasks that are Tier 1, 2 and 3 related. You will perform service provisioning, systems administration, complex triage and give support for the products and services while maintaining customer satisfaction. Essential Responsibilities:
- Provide both email and telephone support for systems, applications, hardware, and other client incidents and requests by investigating problems and taking corrective actions for our customers.
- Open, monitor and resolve tickets in a timely fashion.
- Triage critical and complex problems across multiple layers of our technology stack
- Document all actions and solutions within call tracking system and update technical details within operational procedures as appropriate.
- Ensure customer satisfaction, including taking ownership of open tickets and ensuring incidents are fully resolved.
- Perform daily system administration functions to ensure system integrity and adequate capacity.
- Carry out system performance tuning, security measures, performance monitoring, capacity monitoring, and troubleshooting and recommend upgrades when necessary.
- Identify and escalate production critical issues to appropriate groups in a timely manner.
- Root Cause Analysis and documentation for application and network related issues.
- Daily activity reporting (operations and daily summaries).
- Produce and maintain support documentation for known issues and resolutions.
- Create and help maintain technical support documentation, and prepare how-to guides for end users on all installed systems.
- Document and share knowledge amongst the GED teams on all implemented solutions as well as improvements and enhancements.
- Analyze customer usage for industry and business challenges that the Platform can solve.
- Be customer-focused and consistently deliver a high-quality level of service.
- Be an engaged and active member of the GED Predix team.
- B.S. in Computer Science, IT, or a related technical field and experience
- Six or more years’ experience in a technical support role.
Eligibility Requirements: Desired Characteristics: Technical Skills:
- A criminal background check will be required.
- Linux installation, administration
- IPV4 and IPv6 network design and management
- Basic network security: SSH, VPN, OpenVPN, IPsec, PPTP.
- Experience with troubleshooting network management/configuration
- Experience with troubleshooting Java related applications
- Experience with troubleshooting memory pressure related issues
- Experience with troubleshooting SQL and NOSQL related applications
- Experience with troubleshooting wed based applications
- Programming fundamentals and programming experience
- Experience with vSphere, AWS, Azure, IaaS, PaaS
Other Desired Characteristics:
- Customer service, help desk service or business analyst experience required.
- Ability to provide support and troubleshoot environment and integration issues
- Strong ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships.
- Fluency in English required.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with good time management skills.
- Results motivated and able to work in a demanding environment.
- Experience with systems networking, web applications, and user support.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- A commitment to quality and attention to detail.
- Customer focused with a strong work ethic for success.
- Strong communicator that is very detail oriented.
- Strong technical, troubleshooting skills and familiar with the software development lifecycle.
- Strong multi-tasking skills with a sense to reprioritize multiple times a day.
- Improve knowledge that will help day to day operations that are directly related to the Product technology stack.
- Support the growing needs by contributing to, monitoring and maintaining our department processes that supports the objectives of the Business and team.
- Produce and maintain support documentation for end users, issues, and processes to position GE as the best option for our customers.
- Help train new support team members and continue with handoff and cross training activities throughout the year.
Canada; British Columbia; Burnaby