Senior Compliance Counsel, APAC - Aviation
- GE Aviation
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:23:57 PM
- Job Function: Legal
- Business Segment: Aviation Legal & Business Development
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Assist GE Aviation Asia Chief Compliance Officer to strategize, prioritize and drive a complete and comprehensive compliance program throughout the entire Asia Pacific Region, inclusive of China.
Work with Aviation Headquarters Compliance Team, Corporate, local GGO compliance team and regional business leaders to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and GE Aviation policies. Responsible for partnering with Aviation business leadership to build integrity culture in each Asia country. In addition, you will:
• Lead the regional compliance early warning system to help the Company stay ahead of emerging developments
• Lead risk assessment process across the region
• Partner with business teams to lead the risk abatement process across the region
• Engage and coach leaders, compliance representatives and employees in building the open reporting culture and the integrity culture
• Localize Aviation policies and procedures consistent with country-specific laws and regulations
• Identify, propose and execute improvements to Aviation’s existing compliance processes
• Lead the compliance training & communications with local contents and adaptable to local culture
• Lead compliance investigations and develop effective corrective actions
• Interact with customers, joint ventures and partners, where applicable, to share best practices and assist with the development and growth of their integrity programs
• Lead compliance operating rhythm, such as regional Compliance Review Board, regular calls with compliance representatives and ombuds team in the region
• Legal education preferred; 8 years+ legal or compliance experience with leading MNC, law firms or accounting firms
• High integrity mindset, good commercial sense and passionate about GE’s integrity culture and related work
• Strong leadership skills and influencing skills … ability to guide multi-disciplinary and remotely-located teams to success
• Independent … ability to facilitate the resolution of issues with minimal guidance in a highly matrixed environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience communicating with executives.