- GE Energy Connections
- Posted 7/26/2017 4:40:53 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Energy Connections Industrial Solutions
Location(s): India; Hyderabad
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The candidate will work closely with the global product development teams and work on various engineering analysis in CFD, heat transfer and multi physics domains.
The Lead Engineer / Technologist provides direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
In this role, you will:
-Lead and Execute engineering analysis for new product/new technology development programs across different electrical distribution and transmission products
-Ensure on-time delivery with adhering to Toll gate review process
-Effectively communicate and Collaborate with different groups at global sites and execute program plans
-Demonstrate in-depth technical expertise at a system/domain/program level
- Develop new analysis techniques in the field of Flow/Thermal/Multiphysics coupled analysis
-Mentor team members on execution of different analysis needs
-Participate in CFD analysis process improvements and work towards ownership of flow/thermal/arc analysis best practices
- Contribute to enhancing accuracy for speed, productivity and test correlation.
- Provide support to customers for custom configuration assessment, technical inquiries and communications, as well as review of customer specifications.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- MTech / MS in Mechanical Engineering with Fluid Dynamics and Heat Transfer
-Relevant experience on use of Computational Fluid Dynamics to industrial applications
-In-depth understanding of mechanical engineering/CFD/Heat transfer fundamentals
-Exposure to User Defined Functions using C programming
-Excellent communication and presentation skills
-Unfailing dedication to deadlines and commitments
-Minimum Experience of 4 years in using the tools like ANSYS FLUENT and Multi-physics simulations
- Experience in using pre-processing tools like Design Modeler/ANSYS Meshing
-Exposure to different temperature rise standards, Arc resistant switchgear certification requirements
-Six Sigma Green Belt certification
-Exposure to Design for Six Sigma tools and techniques
-Exposure to manufacturing and testing processes
Locations: India; Hyderabad