GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
Skype for Business is being implemented in GE in 2017 and will bring together all forms of real-time collaboration technologies from instant messaging through online meetings, audio and video conferencing and voice and video calling. We are building a global operational 24x7 support team in a follow-the-sun model (US, Europe, Asia) who will work closely together to drive incidents/problems/changes to resolution and manage capacity following the ITIL framework and ensure smooth handover of these. Essential Responsibilities:
The role focuses on providing Operational Support GE’s Global Skype Service, including both the new, modern Skype for Business capabilities and since GE is in the phase of migrating from legacy voice platforms to modern, largely Skype based voice, will also require knowledge of supporting these.
• Be Technical SME for Skype technologies – understand Skype for Business Online architecture, provide operational support at L2 level
• Be Technical SME for voice technologies - Provide operational support for GE’s Global Voice Service, including modern cloud voice (Skype Voice, Cloud Voice services) and legacy voice platforms (Avaya, Cisco, Alcatel and standalone platforms), worldwide.
• Provide operational support of the Cisco CUCM architectures and Avaya Communication Manager, System Manager and Session Manager product suites.
• Continuously improve operational support quality (uptime, availability, MTTR) as well as user experience and satisfaction.
• Document services and keep existing documentation up to date and accessible by authorized personnel across the Digital Workplace Organization; provide quality knowledge to the service desks on troubleshooting and/or self-help knowledge/automation.
• Work closely with the Skype and voice deployment and build teams to execute smooth transition of services under deployment to operational support and management
• Measure operational support processes for GE’s global voice infrastructure; ensure 100% compliance with local legislations.
• BS/BA in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or related field or equivalent
• Interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities.
• Expertise in voice and VoIP architecture and support
• Experience with working as part of a remote, distributed team
• Experience with working with suppliers
• Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve; creates actionable strategies and operational plans
• Ability to demonstrate knowledge of PBX, Key System and PSTN fundamentals
• Configuration of Cisco CUCM, CME, IP phones, Voice Gateways, Cisco Unity Voicemail, SRST and SIP technologies
• Configuring and troubleshooting PBX elements such as hunt groups, media and DSP resources, ISDN PRI interfaces, VoIP & POTS dial-peers, Route patterns, Route lists, Hunt Lists, Device Pool, Region, Location
• Understanding and ability to guide users through features such as Phone Button Template, Soft key Templates, Speed dial, Call forwarding, SNR.
• Understanding of MGCP, H323, SIP and SCCP protocols to either configure or fault find a customer issue
• Managing dial plans using various tools like translation pattern, route pattern, calling/called transformation mask, FAC, route list, route group.
• Understanding of key voice monitoring solutions and the benefits they bring to providing the service.
• Understanding of Microsoft Skype for Business architecture and Client usage.
• High level of energy and enthusiasm with the ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks, client relationships and expectations
• Demonstrated customer service skills, ability to manage technical issues in complex, difficult or stressful situations
• Strong interpersonal skills; solid organization and follow though skills
• Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; has experience working with others on a global basis; applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
• Fluent in English
• Spanish & French Language skills a plus
• Excellent communications skills and customer empathy
• Experience working in a Global atmosphere, Ability to work with a distributed and global workforce
• Knowledge and experience with Service Now
• Ability to work both autonomously and in constant collaboration with product owners, operations, and end users.
• Knowledge and experience with working for Skype for Business/Lync in coordination with the MSFT O365 and other versions of Microsoft.
• Project Management (PMP) certification a plus
• Demonstrated ability to drive results in a dynamic, and fast pace environment
• Drives change initiatives & strategies
• Experience with Powershell software a plus, but not required
• Strong background knowledge in voice and VoIP solutions (Cisco, Avaya, Microsoft), design, build and management
• Change oriented – actively generates process improvement; champions and drives change initiatives; confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
France; Puteaux, Paris, Boulogne