About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: Digital Workplace Services and Support (DWSS) within CoreTech is responsible for delivering world class end user support. In this role, you will deliver L2 service support globally collaborating between L1/L3, Service owners, and operations. This role is responsible for enhancing the user experience by continuously improving the service and experiences. You will provide L2 services on multiple solutions, products and applications.
Essential Responsibilities: This role focuses on providing Operational Support (L2 level) on multiple GE’s application and products.
• Be Technical SME for multiple technologies - Provide operational support for GE’s Email Service, Mobility services, MyApps, Skype, Voice, and other.
• Continuously improve operational support quality (uptime, availability, MTTR) as well as user experience and satisfaction.
• Document services and keep existing documentation up to date and accessible by authorized personnel across the Digital Workplace Organization; provide quality knowledge to the service desks on troubleshooting and/or self-help knowledge/automation.
• Work closely with the applications and products teams to execute smooth transition of services under deployment to operational support and management.
• Measure operational support processes for GE’s infrastructure; ensure 100% compliance with local legislations.
• Work closely with the other locations ensuring L2 support in a follow-the-sun model and ensure tickets and incidents are handled smoothly from one location to another without breaching end-user satisfaction
Qualifications/Requirements: • BS/BA in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or related field
• Interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities
• Knowledge and experience with working for Skype for Business/Lync in coordination with the MSFT O365 and other versions of Microsoft OR background knowledge in voice and VoIP solutions (Cisco, Avaya, Microsoft), design, build and management OR experience with higher level programming languages (.Net, C#, C, Java, etc.) OR experience in Email services (incl. Outlook 2016)
• Experience with working as part of a remote, distributed team
• Experience with working with suppliers
• Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve; creates actionable strategies and operational plans
• High level of energy and enthusiasm with the ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks, client relationships and expectations
• Demonstrated customer service skills, ability to manage technical issues in complex, difficult or stressful situations
• Strong interpersonal skills; solid organization and follow though skills
• Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; has experience working with others on a global basis; applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
• Fluent in English
• Position will require dedicated night shift (10pm-6am) to work across global time zones
Desired Characteristics: • Spanish & French Language skills a plus
• Excellent communications skills and customer empathy
• Experience working in a Global atmosphere, Ability to work with a distributed and global workforce
• Knowledge and experience with Service Now
• Ability to work both autonomously and in constant collaboration with product owners, operations, and end users.
• Project Management (PMP) certification a plus
• Demonstrated ability to drive results in a dynamic, and fast pace environment
• Drives change initiatives & strategies
• Experience with Powershell software a plus, but not required
• Change oriented – actively generates process improvement; champions and drives change initiatives; confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.