Senior Specialist - Contract Management
- GE Power
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:23:18 PM
- Job Function: Legal
- Business Segment: Power Gas Power Systems
Location(s): Malaysia; Kuala Lumpur
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role of Contract Management
Contract Management is an integral part of successful project management and embraces taking a “cradle to grave” approach in the tendering, negotiation and execution of project contracts to maximize operational and financial performance whilst reducing commercial and financial risks.
The “cradle to grave” concept requires the Senior Contract Manager to support both ITO (Commercial Operations, Sales and Sourcing teams) and OTR (Project execution and Project Sourcing teams) activities by: -
• Adopting and pursuing a commercially focused and pro-active Contract Management culture across GE Power thus assisting GE Power to improve wherever possible its cash collection discipline and to seek to maximize opportunities for financial margin improvement and operational time relief to the benefit of the project wherever possible.
• Providing expertise in contract analysis and contract administration excellence, in our management of agreements and contracts made with customers, external partners and vendors (whether suppliers and/or subcontractors) in projects
• Increasing contract awareness, and the contractual and commercial knowledge of all key project team members
• Ensuring that GE Power tools and processes relating to Contract Management are communicated to, made available, understood and followed by the GE Power Contract and Project Management communities
• Preserving GE Power’s rights and entitlements as provided in contracts with customers, external partners, vendors and insurers and seeking to ensure that all such parties fulfill or are held accountable to fulfil their contractual obligations to GE Power
• To develop a proactive claim management practice as better described under OTR Phase below, to assist management of project cash-flow and improvement of project operating margin
• Supporting on an as required basis legal, litigation and dispute resolution teams to prosecute the company’s arguments and case as strongly as possible
• Sharing best Contract Management Practice and experience across GE Power encompassing development of lessons learned and continuous improvement philosophy
• University Degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Business Administration or Law.
• Experience in large EPC complex capital projects (min 5 years) and preferable some exposure to Site Construction issues in the Power Industry
• Willingness and ability to travel as needed (national and international)
• Fluent English speaker and excellent communication / presentation skills
• Understanding of Contract Law
• Technical understanding
• Experience of high level negotiations
• Strong communication skills
• Influencing skills
• Intercultural skills
• Analytical skills
• Understanding of project risk management
• Fluency in written and spoken English
Locations: Malaysia; Kuala Lumpur