GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Energy Connections designs and deploys industry-leading technologies that turn the world on. We transport, convert, automate and optimize energy to ensure we provide safe, efficient and reliable electrical power. Uniting all the resources and scale of the world’s first digital industrial company, we connect brilliant machines, grids, and systems to power utility, oil & gas, marine, mining and renewables customers, that keep our world running.
This is an exciting position to be part of a diverse, multicultural team with constant challenges, opportunities to grow and expand responsibilities, capabilities to succeed. Joining us, you will be working in the new warehouse building in Gyál (near Budapest) in a prominent office building. Our office provides possibilities to park your car, enjoy coffee with your colleagues, have fun in breaktime by playing table soccer, or have leisure meetings in the bean-bag meeting room. Role Summary:
Transport planners look at ways to improve these systems or how new systems can be implemented in certain areas. Work can be carried out on different levels from local to international and may include tasks from initial ideas through to design, completion and reviews. Each Transportation Planner is responsible for leading a transportation area, managing day-to-day order coordination, drive operational optimization, take cost out, and grant external and internal customs satisfaction. Essential Responsibilities:
Transport planner works on plans and projects relating to different kinds of transport systems. This includes parcels, FTL (full truck load), LTL (less than truck load), pick up and collection from suppliers, FCL (full container load) and LCL (less than container load).
- Keep contact with warehouse, customer excellence team and freight forwarders;
- Manage it’s relevant area (FTLs, Sea, Air ... etc);
- Communicate with internal customers and inform status of shipments, providing tracking numbers and order related information;
- Drive transportation optimization;
- Follow up for all the created orders, execution of the day-to-day activities of the Transportation team, keeping accurate records;
- Report both weekly and monthly on performed activities;
- Ensure commitment regarding carrier performance reporting, process improvements, claims management, etc.
The ideal candidate
- speaks fluent English;
- has bachelor degree and/or experience in receiving, shipping, distribution, customer service or warehousing operations;
- has experience managing brokers, freight forwarders;
- has proven execution skills, with the ability to meet firm deadlines;
- can navigate their way through Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word and Power Point);
- is flexible and has stress resistant personality;
- is very precise and has attention for data quality;
- is a strong team player
- has good communication skills.
Your chances are higher if
- you speak one additional language besides English;
- you prefer to work in a team and make friends with colleagues;
- you like to share developmental ideas.