GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
This is a highly technical role where you will be responsible for architecting, developing and maintaining a data archival platform as part of the ERP Initiatives & Strategy group's Data COE. Your work will be critical to accelerate ERP and technology simplification across GE. You will also serve as a subject matter expert on data archival and data management best practices. You will help drive GE’s data archival strategy and align it with the continuously changing technology landscape. Essential Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Design, develop and maintain a large-scale data archival, data ingestion, storage and analytic solution
- Design and deliver scalable and reliable SaaS and DaaS applications
- Enhance existing products and processes to improve productivity and to reduce cost
- Develop automated, repeatable and reliable systems
- Provide technical leadership and best practices for data management to a broad range of stakeholders within GE
- Simultaneously work on multiple, fast-paced projects as a technical expert or internal consultant.
- Participates in the data domain technical and business discussions relative to future architect direction.
- Researches and evaluates emerging data technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities.
- Coaches and mentors team members.
- Partners with vendors, platform and business teams to validate and deliver new products.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Management or other technical / IT field, OR equivalent relevant IT work experience
- Very strong experience with design and implementation of enterprise data integration technologies such as Talend
- Stron experience with relational databases
- Vast experience with Java or similar programming language
- Experience working on an enterprise data warehousing solution
- Proven experience with scripting on Unix/Linux environment
- Hands-on development experience with Big Data technologies such as Pivotal, Hadoop, MapReduce, and PostgreSQL
- Delivers results when working on shorter-term (weeks-months), outcome-focused service engagements
- Leverages knowledge about competitors, trends, and changing regulations across the broad environment to bring new ideas to the team
- Expert in Talend configuration, administration, design, and development
- Experience with Web server and application server administration and troubleshooting
- Experience working with cloud services such as AWS and Azure
- Experience working with ERP applications such as Oracle EBS and SAP
- Experience working with BI solutions such as Business Objects, Spotfire, Tableau and QlikView.
- Experience working with data archival products and technologies
- Experience working with document management tools and technologies
- Experience with agile and lean methodologies for product development
- Strong analytical skills - strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve
- Strong team player - collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
- Resourceful and quick learner; able to efficiently seek out, learn, and apply new areas of expertise as needed
- Highly self-motivated, able to work independently
- Experience in working within a shared service environment