GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
The purpose of the Mechanical Fitter and Machinist role is to operate as part of a team responsible for the cost effective repair and overhaul of various electrical motors and components in accordance with OEM and Quality System requirements. It will involve Disassembly machining assembly - Alternators - Blowers - Motors. Mechanical Fitters and Machinists will report to the Materials and Production Planner for the GE OHV long term service agreement (LTSA). Essential Responsibilities: Applicants must posses engineering trade Qualification Certificate III in engineering – Mechanical trade or equivalent.
• Work as part of a high performing team to achieve team and business objectives. Role will function in self directed team environment.
• Ensure team compliance to GE Quality, EHS and other policies are adhered to at all times.
• Actively participate in the teaming model, including but not limited to teaming meetings and fulfilling the functions or duties decided by the team on a rotational basis.
• Conduct overhauls, machining and repairs on Traction Motors, Alternators and Blower Motors
• Conduct static and dynamic testing of electrical equipment.
• Estimate, description of problems, and/or expected serviceability.
• Test electro-mechanical equipment to troubleshoot known or suspected problems using various methods.
• Disassemble electro-mechanical equipment noting parts identification, configuration, and condition.
• Clean electro-mechanical equipment assemblies using various methods and steps, including, but not limited to: parts washers/steamers glass beads blasting, etc.
• Use precision measurement tools and equipment to determine serviceability and accurate notation of results.
• Replace or repair worn or defective mechanical or electro-mechanical assemblies, including, but not limited to: bearings, brushes, brush holders, motor leads, seals, impellers, mechanical switches, fans, coils, and shields.
• Re-test reassembled electro-mechanical equipment for proper output and operation.
• Prepare cost estimates for repair of products including description of the problem, and/or expected serviceability.
• Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
•Operate specialized repair and testing equipment and other equipment as needed.
• Proven ability to identify report and address risks and work safely in manufacturing/repair facility.
• Possession of engineering trade Qualification Certificate III in engineering – Mechanical trade or equivalent.
• Demonstrated ability to repair, machine, or fabricate large work pieces
• Sound communication skills including – concise verbal skills, the ability to write short technical reports and actively listen.
• Proven ability to give and receive feedback to facilitate personal growth and the growth of other team members.
• Flexible and adaptable customer solution focused attitude.
• Demonstrated high attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to perform complex problem solving
• Adhere to all company policy, procedures and training regimes
• Possession of or commitment to obtaining High Risk Work Licences – Forklift, Dogger or Rigger tickets.
• Soldering qualification or experience desirable
• Brazing and/or Welding qualifications and experience desirable.
• Experience in the repair, machining and overhaul of Medium and High voltage electrical motors and generators or equivalents desirable. Locations: