Product Cycle Leader
- GE Healthcare
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:38:38 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Healthcare Clinical Care Solutions
Location(s): China; JiangSu; Wuxi
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Product Cycle Leader position is responsible for ensuring on-time delivery of service product features, technical publications, training, global parts availability, and service process validation. The position provides exposure to the entire system and requires communication with all functions in the organization and will be involved in the full life cycle of the product from definition to verification/validation and installed base support.
Duties include (But are not limited to):
Translating global service needs into solid user requirements for assigned product development programs.
Analyzing current service metrics and define actions for improvements in service productivity within the new product development programs.
Performing reviews for serviceability on prototype and early service manufacturing builds.
Contribute for Design for Service
Design change review and approval from service standpoints
Defining procedures for field modifications, calibrations, and part replacements
Owning product and subsystem requirements related to serviceability and diagnosis
Setting field replacement unit and product repair strategies for NPI. Setting FRU strategies and interfacing with external organization such as GPRS and Service Operations
Maintaining effective quality systems compliance with GE Quality policies
Collect service requirements and communication with SVC team during NPI development
Service data (include warranty/contract/FRU failure trending, etc) analysis and summarize
Communicate & follow up with supply chain and service to make sure the FRU delivery of Install Base support.
End of Product Lifecycle program internal communication and data preparation
Follow up service tasks of cross function teams to meet the timeline target
IB Data collection and maintenance
Aware of and comply with the GEHC process
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Support compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before completing Design Outputs/Program Deliverables
5. Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible
1. Bachelor degree in Engineering or relative field;
2. 4 years relative work experience or design experience
3. Demonstrated technical domain knowledge by being current on engineering design principles, concepts and technologies
4. Demonstrated problem-solving techniques
5. Demonstrated ability to make recommendations to technical and program leadership to improve the product, process or technology
6. Effective communication skills and boundaryless behavior-ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
7. Good communication skill and team work sprit
8. Good communication of English at writing, reading and speaking
1. Experience working in a Service or Systems Engineering team
2. Strong analytical, trouble-shooting skills
3. Ability to work independently
4. Customer orientation: self-motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently and learn quickly
5. Customer focused: strong interpersonal skills, ability to listen to customer, build relationships, and work under pressure
6. Hands-on approach with regards to installations, upgrades and repairs
7. General project leadership skills
8. Design For Reliability (DFR) or Design For Service (DFS) experience
9. Candidate to have very strong customer focus
Locations: China; JiangSu; Wuxi