Transactional compliance specialist
- GE Global Operations
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:04:31 PM
- Job Function: Legal
- Business Segment: Global Operations Asia
Location(s): China; ShangHai; Shanghai
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
• Operating mechanisms & processes - support GO Asia and GE business compliance leaders in reviewing high risk transactions including business courtesy related to government officials via systematic or manual controls, and maintaining appropriate processes and operating mechanisms to ensure that the covered businesses/P&Ls meet all GE policy compliance requirements
• Coordinate with GGO and business compliance leaders to highlight and resolve matters related to high risk transactions. Coordinate with relevant GO and business owners to conduct regular audits of compliance areas and support business in driving requisite improvements/resolutions for issues identified.
• Coordinate with relevant GO and business owners to define gaps/identify and resolve compliance-related procedural issues and areas of improvement and ensure remediation actions plans are established, implemented and tracked through to closure.
• Monitor compliance trends in the region including compliance initiatives, industry compliance failures and other internal and external compliance trends.
• Support Compliance Review Boards (“CRB”) and provide inputs into the compliance program for the region
• Coordinate with region and site Ombudsperson to support concern reporting system, leading or assisting with investigations, as required, and ensuring matters are closed quickly and appropriate actions taken
• Implementation of policy, and other compliance initiatives, including identifying key compliance needs, determining residual risk and improving controls in GO Asia regions
• Enhance measurements and dashboards to provide the leadership team with appropriate indicators of compliance health.
• Establish communication and training strategy/program to drive enhanced understanding of key policy, regulatory excellence and other compliance initiatives, policies & procedures in the business.
• Support GO Asia compliance leader to drive a pro-active compliance leadership and engagement program to ensure that owners are responsible and accountable for policy, regulatory excellence and other compliance initiatives. Provide advice and guidance on developing a compliant business environment.
• Participate in best practice sharing through cross-business GE Legal and Compliance meetings and conference calls conducted in the country/region.
• Any other responsibilities that may be identified by the business and/or managers from time to time
• A legal, compliance, quality or finance audit background and experience in relevant business lines is highly desirable.
• At least 2+ years of experience. Knowledge of, or experience with, compliance issues, such as: remote site risks, controllership, anti-corruption/FCPA, anti-money laundering, conflict of interest, supplier relationships and privacy
• Strong grasp of code of conduct, business ethics policies and current compliance practices and industry standards in a relevant services space.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with cross -functional teams, management and front-line associates
• Self-motivated with high energy and personal integrity- Ability to operate with due discretion, confidentiality, objectivity and independence.
• Demonstrable verbal and written fluency in English. Superior communication skills, including the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate in writing and orally, the capability to think clearly and quickly under pressure, the composure to satisfy multiple and often competing interests and ability to share lessons learned with teammates.
• A strong commitment to integrity and professionalism, and passion for excellence.
• A work history that affirmatively demonstrates leadership and ability to work in a matrixed reporting environment.
• Strong analytical, process management and implementation skills, sensitivity to issues, strong facilitation and problem solving skills
• Strong business acumen, ability to detect emerging compliance and industry trends and develop appropriate responses
• Demonstrable computer literacy with specific ability to use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, internet and internet based applications.
Locations: China; ShangHai; Shanghai