Senior Program Manager
- GE Digital
- Posted 7/26/2017 4:36:58 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Digital Commercial Professional Services & Support
Location(s): China; BeiJing, ShangHai; Shanghai/Beijing
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
In this exciting opportunity in a high growth environment, you will utilize your significant experience in business and project management to drive excellence in the delivery of customer expectations.
In this role, you will be part of a fast-paced team that focuses on implementing and delivering commercial software and analytics products for regional power generation customers, as part of the next-gen GE’s industrial cloud and IIoT initiatives. This position is responsible for leading the cross-functional cross-region global engineering and professional services teams to plan, implement, and deliver the Power Digital Solutions in China region. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects/programs ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
• Lead the planning and implementation of project
• Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
• Define project tasks and resource requirements
• Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
• Manage project budget and cost, responsible for project financials.
• Plan and schedule project timelines
• Track project deliverables using appropriate tools under global and regional PMO process
• Identify, manage and mitigate risks
• Project evaluations and assessment of results
• Serve as the implementation, engagement lead for enterprise/industrial software & analytics deployment at customer sites. Engage with regional sales team and global engineering development teams for professional services deployment for new and existing customers.
• Lead & execute deployment activities in entire project life cycle. Resolve the deployment issues evolving with the daily project execution to ensure project deployment to customer on time within budget.
• Accountable for the successful implementation of the software solutions at customer sites. As a consolidated escalation point of multiple projects, responsible for overall customer solution delivery across operations and services.
• Work closely with internal solutions architects, cyber security and engineering resource; Maintain effective working relationship with customers/end users, stakeholders, vendors and partners to integrate programs into overall strategic objectives.
• Communicate and collaborate with internal stakeholders and external customers as needed in regards to project deliverables including managing expectations, presenting project status and issues. Make decisions and communicate trade-offs and risks with business leadership team; drive key decisions across projects.
• Ensure timely, consistent and, accurate response to delivery issues, failures, client escalations, concerns, complaints or adverse client feedback. Make recommendations of the schedules, prioritization and resource allocation with input from team members. Provide ongoing project plan/status reporting for use by account managers, clients and management.
BS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems, from an accredited university or college.
• 10+ years of experience with software implementation or IT services project management practices, with combinational experience of software development, system architect, business analyst or customer engagement roles, with hands-on experience on all aspects of SDLC.
• 7+ years of experience leading and managing large & complex business programs, as implementation leader or project/program manager
• 3+ years of experience with client facing operations or services delivery roles with one or more multinational companies
• 1-3 years of experience working with IT infrastructure (network, servers, databases, security, etc.)
• PMP certification or equivalent is mandatory. Must understand Lean and Agile project mgmt. methodologies.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Capable of assimilating a broad range of project inputs as well as clearly communicate overall project status tailored to a variety of audiences, including executive management.
• Experience with delivering commercial software platforms for industrial business in energy markets is a plus.
• Experience with plant operations and management systems, trading & risk management systems or energy market systems is a plus.
• Experience working with ISOs, balancing authorities, power generating entities or load servicing entities is a plus
• Familiarity with big data, Internet of things and industrial internet.
• Proficient with MS Project or similar software tools used for project management
• Result driven; works well under pressure and delivers on time by managing multiple priorities effectively.
• Positive, self-starter with can-do attitude. Ownership and willingness to do what it takes to achieve performance goals. Passionate about driving change/influence cross functions;
• High energy, resourceful person with a strong work ethic, high degree of motivation and the ability to contribute to a positive team attitude in the professional environment.
• Strong technical (software & infrastructure) skills
• Ability to travel per business needs. Up to 30%.
Locations: China; BeiJing, ShangHai; Shanghai/Beijing