Software Build & Release Engineer
- GE Healthcare
- Posted 7/20/2017 5:50:59 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Healthcare Imaging
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Software Build & Release Engineer is a critical role, responsible for providing build & release strategy for complex software platform to be able to generate parallel & concurrent releases for multiple applications. Demonstrates deep understanding of concurrent software development, its effect on build management & releasing the builds across versions and environments.
• Helps create builds, releases and continuous integration process
• Owns/contributes to the immediate team or other teams (across businesses) to implement end to end solutions for software integration and delivery.
• Own, manage and improve software release process, focusing on scale and efficiency and driving consistent build environments across multiple environments.
• Manage key deliverables
• Work closely with technical leadership in driving technology initiatives such as bringing state of art technologies, standards and processes to ensure efficient & quality delivery.
• Develop and enhance the build infrastructure and continuous integration framework used across teams.
• Demonstrate authority in developing and executing automated builds and scripts.
• Learn new build and releases techniques and methodologies and implement the same.
• Work with developers and partners to deliver quality software through the build and deployment system.
• Partner with and provides direction to fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions.
• Use industry standard methodologies to improve Build, Release and Continuous integration processes.
• Participate in analytical and design activities using validated technologies and vested approaches and methods
• Contributes to the team and works independently.
• Breaks down problems and estimates time for quality related tasks. Increases task level and takes on multiple projects at one time.
• Skilled in application domain and functional areas.
• Becoming skilled with SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
• Good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
• A minimum of 4 years of professional experience in Build Automation & Configuration Management
• Strong Linux-based systems skills with practical experience operating in a cloud or virtualized environment.
• Continuous Integration and Deployment experience using a wide variety of open source technologies
• Experience in building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructures.
• Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
• Strong Java & scripting skills (PowerShell, Python, Bash, Ruby and/or Perl).
• Proficiency with log analysis using tools such as log parser and/or log stash.
• Experience operating in a highly secure environment that conforms to various regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
• Excellent troubleshooting capabilities and an ability to quickly learn new technologies.
• Contributes in driving initiatives such as defining standards and processes to ensure quality
• Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Skilled in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Knowledge on Cloud Technologies and Infrastructure Management
• Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
• Actively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Applies values, business strategy, policies, precedent, and experience to make complex decisions in ambiguity and with uncertain
Locations: India; Bangalore