Project Leader Logistic Operations APAC
- GE Healthcare
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:24:09 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Healthcare Imaging
Location(s): Japan; Hino
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
To support the increasing need of used systems supply, the APAC Asset Recovery team is hiring a Logistics Project Leader who will help growing systems returns by re-defining de-installation & reverse logistics processes within the APAC region while harmonizing and simplifying processes across internal customers (ELS-GoldSeal and GPRS-Harvest).
Pre-owned equipment & parts sales is a $2B business globally with growth rates of 5% / year. GEHC is investing in significant growth in this market segment, with the objective of doubling the second-hand business by end of 2018. Business growth is dependent on recovering supply from our Installed Base customer sockets.
The principal responsibility of the Asia Logistic Operations Project Leader will be to drive improvement in the Asset Recovery processes from de-install to receipt into the warehouse. Additional responsibilities include leading and implementing key projects that improve tools, quality, productivity, & compliance. The role includes global operations, quality and cost management. It is part of Asset Recovery team, within APAC reporting to the APAC Asset Recovery Manager. The Logistics Leader will work in close relationship with the Sourcing Leader within the Asset Recovery team.
Key responsibilities include :
• Define and drive smooth asset recovery process with regions, harmonize ELS-GoldSeal and GPRS-Harvest processes to achieve a simplified HCS return process
• Improve & drive funnel qualification & returns working in close collaboration with HPM (Healthcare Project Management) team, ensure forecast accuracy
• Define, optimize and drive cost (other than material), support Variable Cost Productivity initiatives, IB Inc. and GoldSeal.
• Define and improve packaging & transportation processes, drive standardization of transportation processes across the regions
• Maintain and develop relationships with current, new and potential service providers
• Overcome road blocks to ensure delivery is made in line with internal customers’ expectations (quality & timely-wise)
• Drive data analysis and business case development for key projects related to de-installation & reverse logistics optimization
• Develop measuring and reporting processes and performance metrics to drive improvements
• Work cross-functionally with sourcing, operations, supply chain, finance & Global Logistics to identify improvement opportunities and implement successful changes
• Lead change & initiatives that will enable logistics to reach a world-class level of operations & drive operational rigor.
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Ensure compliance and quality conformity (harvest tests completion & quality to maximize yield, patient data management to comply with Security Standards…)
2. Be aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
3. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
4. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
5. Knowledge and understanding of International Trade Compliance, identify report and resolve any trade compliance issues
6. Knowledge of operating within security programs such as CTPAT and AEO to ensure that warehousing, packaging and transportation requirements are met.
1. Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years’ experience in operations, project management, order management or supply chain / logistics
2. Experience in project leadership & medical systems installation
3. Experience with transport & safe movement of medical products or related logistics
4. Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional, global team environment
5. Ability to lead, take initiative and self-direct with little management direction
6. Excellent interpersonal skills and communication
7. Operational rigor and very good organization skills.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Logistics, Materials or Supply Chain Management
2. Solid communication and analytical skills, including experience with communicating with others from different counties and cultures
3. Ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within the organization
4. Proven ability to execute, multi-task, and deliver on commitments
5. Experience working in a compliant supply chain
6. Six Sigma Green Belt certified
7. Oracle order management experience
8. Proficiency in Excel and comfortable with IT tools & environment
9. Experience in budget management & cost saving initiatives.
Locations: Japan; Hino