Bank Infrastructure Analyst
- GE Global Operations
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:01:03 PM
- Job Function: Finance
- Business Segment: Global Operations Asia
Location(s): India; Chennai
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Analyst will join the global Infrastructure Support team located in Chennai, responsible for daily business process and application support items including balance reporting and funds transfer related issues, static data management, application-related issues, end user questions, training, product testing, and other stakeholder requests and escalations. Also provide support and guidance for initiatives which include technology upgrades and business process changes/enhancements.
• Identify, investigate and resolve of Treasury Management System related issues.
• Act as primary point of contact for business and Treasury stakeholders.
• Support Treasury projects and initiatives (i.e. third party customer support, SWIFT and bank connectivity projects, ERP connectivity etc.)
• Support acquisitions/divestitures and business restructuring activities and related data management tasks
• Support disaster recovery and BCP-related activities and communications, may require flexible working schedule
• Work with IT and business stakeholders as SME for product-related issues, from investigation through to resolution
• Provide cross-functional support for cash Management, accounting, and finance processes.
• Work with banks/counterparties and 3rd party vendors to address customer questions and issues
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Computer Science
• Minimum of 2 years of business experience in corporate treasury, information systems, product or banking
• Experience working with cash, banking, or treasury systems, with an emphasis on knowledge of payment and bank reporting systems
• Proven technical, problem solving, troubleshooting, customer support experience
• Prior experience with treasury management and accounting systems/applications, particularly Wallstreet Systems Suite product, SWIFT, or AP related ERP experience with Oracle or SAP
• Strong oral and written communication skills
Must be prepared to work in any shift supporting Asia/Americas/European business hours
Ability to break down problems into meaningful parts and come to rational and well-thought out conclusions.
Attention to detail and accuracy.
Interested in process improvement.
Willing to adapt quickly to quick changes in direction.
Capacity to deal with high volumes of activity
Team Spirit – Should be a good team player
Ability to - work pro-actively and independently, prioritize multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines
Locations: India; Chennai