Business Segment: Power Water & Process Technologies
Location(s): United States; Texas; Orange
About Us: GE announced they signed a definitive agreement to sell the Water & Process Technologies business to SUEZ, a services and solutions company with global operations primarily in water and waste management. The deal will be subject to customary closing conditions such as regulatory review and appropriate consultation and we expect this to be complete by mid-2017. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: The Chemical Plant Operations Manager will ensure the daily production schedule is met and the finished products are shipped to the customer on time safely and compliant to regulatory requirements. This will typically be accomplished through the efficient management of production resources such as production and maintenance employees, equipment, materials, time and by using structured problem solving techniques and sound statistical methods to develop consistency and predictability.
Essential Responsibilities: The Chemical Plant Operations Manager will demonstrate leadership in ensuring compliance to safety/environmental programs and communicating business goals/processes for an area or business segment. In this role, you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and affect short-term and some long-term business goals.
As the Chemical Plant Operations Manager, you will:
Meet/maintain EHS program requirements assigned to the production department
Be responsible for time and attendance management, performance reviews and conflict resolution for production employees within assigned department
Ensure assigned employees are aware / comply with all GE, government, customer and applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations
Ensure that resources committed to executing the production schedule will meet the customer requirements and meet the internal business metrics, such as productivity and overtime costs
Be responsible for ensuring all cross functional departments are working together to address production delays, quality excursions, or equipment outages
Troubleshoot production problems, whether process or material issues, and implement corrections through required change control to minimize impact to production and eliminate root cause
Be proficient in extracting data and required reports from SAP to track, monitor, and troubleshoot electronic flow of information through the purchasing, inventory management, customer order management, and inter site logistics modules of the SAP system
In the absence of the plant manager, assume full responsibilities for all plant operations and site management duties
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor's Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a shop leadership position, in a chemical manufacturing environment
Desired Characteristics: • Excellent understanding of chemical processing and material handling equipment
• Fundamental understanding of the Risk Management Program for Hazardous Chemicals
• Knowledge of manufacturing policies and regulations established by GE as well as government and other customers
• Knowledge of the disciplines of manufacturing management such as production and inventory control, and standard cost systems
• Strong employee relation's skills, including coaching and communication and demonstrated ability to train and mentor production employees
• Working experience operating in a facility under the OHSA Process Safety Management program or Risk Management Program for Hazardous Chemicals
• Experience with Management of Change processes including P&ID documentation updates
• Lean / Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent Quality training
• Experience with safety and/or enterprise business systems (i.e. Gensuite, SAP)
• Strong leadership skills; self-starter that works well in a team environment
• Ability to effectively interface with all levels of management
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and assign right prioritization
• Effective risk manager; knowing when to escalate, defining risk mitigation plans and know when to invoke them
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing, and organizational skills in a matrix organization
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.