GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today’s era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry’s changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We’re at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to fuel the future.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
An opportunity to be part of a team delivering technology for prestige contracts of national security importance. This role will give the applicant first-hand experience of delivering critical equipment for a Government programme that will continue for many years to come and will receive high-profile recognition within the sector. The applicant will join the team at the end of one long-standing defence programme and the start of the next.
Continuation of Role Summary / Purpose:
The applicant will have a unique opportunity to shape the way GE works in the sector in the future and will be exposed to a variety of challenges and interactions not found within traditional Oil & Gas work. The Project Contract Manager under the direction of the Project Director / Project Manager / Account Manager has overall responsibility for all Project contractual activities.
- Support the project execution start-up, prior to full Notice to Proceed, including Contract analysis and preparation of Project Commercial Execution Plan.
- Assume responsibility for all project contractual activities from handover from Sales until all relevant contractual obligations are complete and all relevant contractual issues are resolved / settled.
- Identification of Customer / Consortium and other third party obligations and development and,
- Implementation of the Project Commercial Execution Plan and Contract Commercial Plan, including Project Claim Strategy.
- Liaise with Project Planning Manager to ensure appropriate schedules for subcontracts are produced and maintained, to support Project Claim Strategy.
- Support project risk and opportunity identification and analysis.
- Support the management of risks and opportunities by development and implementation of appropriate Project Commercial Execution Plan.
- Preservation of GE’s rights and entitlements as provided in the Contract. Ensure proper notices are given in line with contract requirements. Management of claims to / from customers and consortium partners. Support the management of claims to / from Contractors and Suppliers as required.
- Ensuring appropriate recovery from third parties.
- Management of customer Variation Requests / Orders.
- Management of Project Insurances. Submission, monitoring and settlement of insurance claims in accordance with the Policies.
- Establishment and implementation of project specific contractual procedures, particularly regarding claims, insurance, variation orders, correspondence and notifications.
- Support and guidance to Project Team on general contractual issues. Clarification of contractual / legal queries, if required by referring to Legal.
- Providing Contract Management support as required in the event of a (potential) Dispute.
- Undertaking any other contractual/commercial tasks as instructed / requested by Project Director and/or Management.
- Focus on the enhancement of the Contribution Margin with attention to project savings (e.g. direct material buy, engineering hours, manufacturing and logistics), and minimising erosion of the contribution margin by ensuring effective monitoring of additional costs by coordinating cross-functional initiatives and actions to reduce them.
- Ensuring that all productivity opportunities such as Project Savings, Change Orders, Insurance and Vendor recovery are identified and implemented.
- Collect, track and transfer to the Commercial Team any contractual lessons learn captured during the project execution or claim management and actively contribute to improving processes, mitigation plans and corrective action plans.
- Access to all documentation related to the concerned projects.
- Access to concerned Project Directors, Project Managers, Project Controllers, Site Contract Manager, Project Planners and all other Project Team Members as required.
- Access to the relevant databases and tools.
- Propose Project Commercial Execution Plan and Contract Commercial Plan including Project Claim Strategy.
- Provide notices to GE Customers, Consortium Partners and Insurances in consultation with PD.
Continuation of Essential Responsibilities:
- Authority to escalate any disagreement with the PD regarding contractual issues via his Line Management.
- Analysis, with Finance support, of key indicators to evaluate financial exposure (i.e. Account Receivables, Past Dues, Unbilled Sales, Bonds etc).
- Identification and notification of financial impact on P&L of notified claims and requirement for protection of financial reserves.
- University Degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Business Administration or Law or equivalent knowledge & experience
- Understanding of Contract Law.
- The candidate will be a British Citizen and ideally NSV Security Cleared.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
- Experience of high level negotiations
- Strong communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Intercultural skills
- Analytical skills
- Understanding of project risk management
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Technical understanding of Steam Turbines
United Kingdom; Rugby