GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
As the Key Account Manager (KAM) you will be responsible for selling GE Healthcare products and services, developing new accounts and expanding the GE product use within existing accounts. The role is based in the South West of the UK and requires someone with experience in a pharmaceutical sales environment. This role is responsible for Life Sciences CORE IMAGING sector accounts. Do you want to join a growing global company? Apply today!
Key responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Prospecting for new customers and business, as well as growing and maintaining the existing customer portfolio, to support a balanced sales result on their designated territory.
• Preparing sales quotations, planning customer meetings, and being the focal point for all relevant customer activities on their territory.
• Sales negotiation and deal closure at the customer level, working with all key buying influencers such as direct users of the product, referrers, department heads, purchasing departments, purchasing hubs, and even CEO level personnel when necessary.
• Develop and maintain a high level of product knowledge of GE and competitor products.
• Achieve annual and quarterly achievement of sales targets. Conduct regular territory analysis to identify the best sales opportunities and to prioritise selling time in these areas to generate increased sales volume and advantageous product mix. Achieve maximum account penetration and complete territory coverage to identify all key stakeholders.
• Maintain positive customer relationships and strive to build these by having an excellent customer service work ethic, with the ability to identify and capitalize on opportunities that immediately satisfy customer needs.
• Develop account penetration strategies for key target and competitive accounts.
• Communicate current market intelligence back to the business, along with field concerns, issues and requirements.
• Develop market analysis and strategies and action plans to drive product sales.
• Adoption of GE working practices to the required level. These include territory reporting (SFDC), expenses reports (Concur) and internal training and compliance (GE Learning).
Quality Specific Goals: Qualifications/Requirements:
• Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
• Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
• Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
• Knowledge and understanding of all Global Privacy and Anti-Competition Policies (including but not limited to GE Healthcare HIPPA Guidelines, NEMA Regulations, etc.) and operates within them to ensure that no company policy or US / Int’l Law is broken.
• Knowledge and understanding of all Environmental Health Policies (including but not limited to GE Healthcare EHS Policies, GE Healthcare Fleet Rules, etc.) and operate within them to ensure that no company policy or US / Int’l Law is broken.
• Ownership of order and configuration quality at the point of entry to ensure accuracy, configuration integrity and that all requirements are tied to documented customer inputs.
• Drive continuous improvement on all related processes, work instructions, and procedures to ensure ongoing standardization and simplification of the Quality Management System.
• ABPI qualified or equivalent.
• Sales experience in a pharmaceutical environment.
• Negotiation in a complex sales environment.
• Proficiency in computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite products.
• Willingness to travel within your specified geographic region with occasional overnight stays depending on geography and business needs as well as to sales meetings and tradeshows.
• Driving licence.
• Experience selling to hospitals.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Desired Characteristics:
• Knowledge of the medical Imaging market. Locations: