Senior Engineering Manager-GPS-Customer Fulfillment
- GE Power
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:39:44 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Power Gas Power Systems
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
In this role, the incumbent will be leading the Project Engineering, System Design & Accessories and Product Definition engineering of Gas turbine, Steam turbine and Generators from the GE Power Engineering- Bangalore. This role will include managing complex issues , people leadership, long-term planning and contributing to the overall strategy. The role will report to the GE Power Engineering General Manager in India and functionally to the Engineering GMs in US.
• Responsible for providing overall leadership, Management & strategic direction to 100+ Engineers organization and partner closely with the global stakeholders
• Leads the charter for developing New product accessories for Gas turbines. Responsible for engineering execution of GT, ST, GEN projects for Asia, Middle-east and US Regions.
• Provide leadership across multi-functional teams to drive product cost out, Project margin enhancement, process improvement & simplification and high
quality & on time engineering deliverable in areas of ownership etc.
• Apply creative ideas, experienced judgment and sound analytical methods to solve complex problems for the business ·
• Establish plans and coordinate activities of multi-disciplined task teams ·
• Identify major initiatives and programs; obtain appropriate funding and manpower allocations to support these activities ·
• Be an advocate of management initiatives ; a mentor and coach for other engineers
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• At least 10 years of experience in an engineering environment, including leading teams of engineers, specialists, and individuals across the business
• Experience in complex project management and cross functional coordination and to support emergency customer requirements
• Gas Turbine / Steam Turbine systems design experience
• Experience in a matrix leadership environment
• Experience working directly with customers
• Engineering Master’s degree
• Green Belt certified (GE Employees only)
• Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
Locations: India; Bangalore