Field Applications Specialist, Upstream, Life Sciences
- GE Healthcare
- Posted 7/26/2017 4:50:55 PM
- Job Function: Sales
- Business Segment: Healthcare Life Sciences
Location(s): Singapore; Singapore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
At GE ASEAN, we are imagination at work. From the Vietnam Engineering Center which focuses on product design, applications and services for the oil and gas sector to the NUS-GE Singapore Water Technology Centre which develops new solutions in water treatment, the GE ASEAN teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into leading products and services that solve some of the world’s toughest challenges. Join an innovative industry leader for an unprecedented career of significant influence within the region and beyond. Work alongside the best minds in the business and take advantage of GE’s generous investment in your education, growth and advancement. If you’re an energetic, focused problem solver, ready to share ideas and face challenges with flexibility, then join the GE ASEAN team in creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come.
Provide technical expertise and applications support to regional accounts and supporting the sales process within a product segment. Conduct pre & post- sale product demonstrations as well as technical troubleshooting’s to support sales objectives. Work closely with regional sales team to drive growth in Upstream especially Single Use technologies.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Accountable in leading the application support for Single Use products – Bioreactors & Mixers connectivity solutions, and Filtration. Provide secondary support in Hyclone cell culture media and buffers for South East Asia
• Provide technical leadership during sales process by demonstrating full range of product features including potential uses, product capabilities and benefits to customers as needed
• Conduct SU product wet and / or dry demonstrations at customer sites by culturing cells with their cell line and equipment to demonstrate product capabilities
• Provide troubleshooting on issues that arise related to end-user’s technical skills on growing CHO, MDCK, Vero, ESC, IPS, MSC, T and NK cells.
• Use market and product knowledge to assist sales team in developing sales, marketing and customer service strategies
• Support trade shows and professional conferences by performing product demonstration and promotion as well as customer training
• Identify and create new opportunities and work with sales leaders, account manager and regional distributors.
• Develop, coordinate and deliver educational programs and product training to customers on software, application and/or equipment use to improve customer satisfaction
• Maintain up to date market and competitor knowledge related to their products/solution.
• Produce well-written post-training reports and provide regular feedback on customer satisfaction and needs
• Bachelor's degree in bio-technology or related field with basic business knowledge
• At least one of the following core experiences: Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience with demonstrated technical skill in specific areas or at least 2 years’ commercial applications/modality experience with demonstrated successes in high level customer interactions and sales scenarios
• Strong cell culture experience with demonstrated knowledge in independently operating bioreactors and filtration systems with different cell lines
• Upstream Process development experience, understanding of regenerative medicine and cellular therapies is desired.
• Willingness to travel 50% or more within your specified geographic region (SEA / ASEAN) with occasional overnight stays for few days depending on geography and business for sales meetings and tradeshows
• Proficiency in computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite products
• Experience and good understanding on cell culture media, buffers and reagents for biopharmaceutical development and production
• Demonstrated successful experience interfacing with both internal team members and / or external customers as a part of a solution-based sales process
• Ability to communicate effectively using English and local language
Quality Specific Goals:
• Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
• Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
• Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
• Drive continuous improvement on all related processes, work instructions, and procedures to ensure ongoing standardization and simplification of the Quality Management System
• Maintain knowledge of and understand all applicable Environmental Health Policies (including but not limited to GE Healthcare EHS Policies, GE Healthcare Fleet Rules, etc.) and operate within them to ensure that no company policy or local / Int’l Law is broken.
• Demonstrated interpersonal, communication skills and presentation skills (ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, to external customers, global counterparts and to team members in other functional
• Solid problem solving skills (ability to manage and resolve conflict, communicate issues and propose solutions to both internal team members and external customers)
• Self-motivated, willingness to take the initiative to identify opportunities for improvement and take actions to improve
• Team oriented with a customer satisfaction mindset
• Ability to multi-task effectively and manage multiple priorities at one time
• Willingness to be flexible/adapt to changing work environments
• Able to work independently with limited day to day supervision of Manager
• Fluency in other relevant languages within territory
Locations: Singapore; Singapore