GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
This position is responsible leading the quality assurance engineering team for building and sustaining Software Quality team/s for one or more product families or versions or entire application suite. The position requires to work closely with global engineering team and O&G Digital team in India.
• Demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment.
• Provide leadership and technical direction for software quality assurance team, mainly for system level thinking & testing.
• Strong functional understanding of SDLC for regular waterfall & Agile methodology.
• Functional Expertise on SW development on various technologies like Java, Java Scripts, UI Framework, Algorithm and Application code level.
• Drive new ways of thinking, across groups within the division, to improve quality, engineering productivity, and responsiveness to feedback and changing priorities.
• Find opportunities for collaboration across groups in the division, ensures that cross-team commitments are set, and achieves scale in his or her work efforts by enabling the work of others
• Establish and maintain relationships with required external and internal interfaces to ensure that customer requirements are understood and delivered
• Establish / modify / monitor overall engineering program requirements, timing, and resources to meet / exceed business objectives and goals
• Effectively communicate technical and financial aspects vertically and horizontally in the organization
• Ensure positive actions are taken to encourage growth, technical development, and improved interpersonal skills
• Resolve issues outside his or her area of responsibility and opens discussions with peers and takes action when needed to ensure the success of the product.
• Demonstrate superior product and industry knowledge and helps the organization gain the competitive edge.
• Promote technical excellence through design / technical review participation, sharing lessons learned and promoting culture of innovation
• Implement initiatives to continuously improve the responsiveness of the team to customer/business needs
• Ensure compliance initiatives and training requirements are implemented
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 10 years of technical experience in design & development of software automation & system level testing.
• Extensive experience in of SDLC and Agile concepts.
• Extensive experience in designing & developing system level thinking & testing.
• Expert-level knowledge of Java, Java Scripts and web technologies.
• Expert-level knowledge of Angular JS, Node JS or other modern UI framework
• Preferably 3 years of experience in a Program/Project leadership role within an engineering environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including executive level presentation skills
• Effective team building and problem solving abilities
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Leads teams in developing plans and assessing improvement options.
• Able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization and external customers
• Exposure to IoT concepts / Predix platform