Executive Program Director
- GE Digital
- Posted 7/26/2017 4:54:35 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Digital Commercial Professional Services & Support
Location(s): Saudi Arabia; Riyadh
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Responsible for ensuring programs and projects are planned, executed and delivered in an efficient and repeatable manner. This will require leadership and direct involvement in project prioritization, resource planning and budgeting of projects to ensure customer satisfaction.
This role must serve as a change agent for continuous improvement through improved/enhanced methodologies and apply project and program management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to coach the Project Manager's execution. Proven experience in organizing, prioritizing, planning and executing multiple high-risk, high-visibility, large-scale projects from definition through implementation.
In this role, you will:
• Responsible for the employee development including coaching, objective setting, training, performance management and talent planning of 10-12 project managers managing large, highly complex projects.
• Provide oversight, coaching, mentoring and leadership to ensure project managers are executing projects in accordance with schedule, cost, performance and quality commitments
• Recruit and develop a high caliber team of project managers.
• Drive and document process improvement in the project management processes and provide/implement best practices for project management.
• Contribute to intake and resource management processes to ensure appropriate allocation of resources exists to deliver on key initiatives.
• Drive to significantly improve project delivery, portfolio planning and optimization of metrics for reliability and service levels.
• Provide insight on risks, options, cost/benefit analysis, and impacts related to projects. Develop standardized tools and processes where needed.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
• Lead team members and manage team responsibilities and assignments. Coordinate staffing to support planned and in-flight efforts.
• Effectively handle customer escalations.
• Support the development and adherence to methodologies, standards, and procedures.
• Provide input to annual budgeting process.
• Project Management Professional Certification
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, business, or a related field
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred.
• 18+ years’ experience in a dedicated project management role with responsibility for large scale digital project.
• Prefer 10+ years’ experience in industrial software services or product development functions
• At least 8+ years experience in Healthcare IT or Enterprise Medical Record (EMR) implementation.
• Must be willing to travel 80% of the time.
• MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project Proficiency
• Superior written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to interact with Executive Management level and C-suite level
• Proven ability to work across companies and business/ functional lines to create a cohesive working team, building relationships and delivering projects
• Superior conflict management, problem solving, strategic thinking, coaching/mentoring, team building, continuous improvement skills required
• Prefer experience with Hi-Tech, semiconductor, discrete manufacturing processes
• Experience with CxO level communications and customer relationship development
• Proven track record in dynamic high paced environment
• Proven track record and ability to develop new opportunities
• Experienced with various types of manufacturing including, engineer to order, make to stock, and make to order processes for both discrete and process industries.
• Up to date with to industry standard data models, such as S95, and key MES functions as defined by MESA.
• Experience in software analysis, design, quality assurance, SW methodology, and architecture.
• Proven ability to understand new software development practices, languages, and tools.
• Familiar with Windows, .NET, SQL databases, Web Services and SOA technologies.
• Proven business acumen to understand the impact of scope changes not just from a schedule perceptive but from a ROI and TCO perspective also.
• A formal certification from a project management institute or body is desirable.
• Works cross function/industry to analyze information; Able to present analysis and recommendations to drive strategic decisions; asked by C-level stakeholders to review and make recommendations that lead to comprehensive and rapid decisions impacting overall business strategy.
• Defines processes and procedures for new business models.
• Demonstrates ability to diagnose and solve basic to intermediate issues. Ability to isolate moderately complex scenarios down to actionable items within designated job function. Can be utilized to problem solve at customer sites as the GE representative. Seizes ambiguous situations as an opportunity to learn and demonstrate advanced researching capabilities. Serves as skilled resource to guide “aware” individuals.
• Has demonstrable expertise and understanding of one or more products. Acts as a resource for others in solution design. Knows best practices which result in higher adoption of solutions based on product capabilities. Ability to communicate product capabilities internally and in customer facing situations. Understands regional challenges for each product, and develops mitigation strategies for functionality gaps. Can speak to key differentiators between our product capabilities and competing solutions. Understands the underlying financial model associated with successful outcomes.
• Helps team members understand their contributions in support of the broader direction. Continuously measures the completion rate of personal and team deliverables and compares them to the scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives.
• Creates meaningful stories and two-way communications that drive behavior. Communicates functional strategy and roadmap with sufficient detail for teams to utilize. Describes functional area information to leaders. Coaches others on effective presentation skills. Collaborates with leadership on mediums and messages that drive the intended direction of the organization with measurable results. Determines the need for theoretical explanations vs. a business actionable answer in a presentation.
Locations: Saudi Arabia; Riyadh