GE has confirmed it is exploring options for selling the Water & Process Technologies business. The plan to divest the business is a strategic decision that provides an opportunity to reposition the business for growth and further invest for long-term success. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power’s Water & Process Technologies is a global business that focuses on the world’s most complex water-related challenges in more than 100 countries. Employing approximately 8,000 people and headquartered in Trevose, PA, Water & Process Technologies provides innovative solutions that address the growing demand for increased water availability and quality, while improving customers’ productivity and meeting more stringent environmental regulations.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
The Account Manager is responsible for maintaining and developing the client relationship and sales at assigned customer & prospective customer sites. They will have water process experience and work in a matrix reporting structure. They are expected to achieve on-going sales growth and exceed specific sales and profitability targets by selling the full portfolio of Process & Water products and services.
• Manage customer satisfaction and escalate customer concerns internally
• To develop the expertise to deliver on-going profitable sales growth, and profitability targets, while selling the full portfolio of products in the defined customer territory
• Coordinate proposal activity
• Provide accurate sales forecasts to the Area Manager within defined timelines
• Effectively engage appropriate resources i.e. Product Applications & ChemFeed for any sales opportunities that require specific sales support
• Implement price rises
• Work alongside the Area Manager & Growth Team to uncover and develop new business sales opportunities
• Maintain a healthy recurring opportunity pipeline using GE provided tools, as an enabler to meet specified sales growth and profitability targets
• Conduct customer business reviews with decision making staff
EHS & Compliance
• Always work in a safe manner when delivering company objectives and comply with internal, legislative and customer EHS requirements and policies
• Implement the company Legionella policy for customers who have systems classified within existing EHS policies
• Act at all times in compliance with the GE Spirit and Letter policies when maintaining and developing relationships with customers
• The candidate will have dedicated Field Services personnel on existing customer sites and will be expected to coach and co-ordinate
• Close working customer relationships at the assigned customers, be seen as an extension to the customers own team and someone who adds value to the team
• Working with customer personnel to identify, develop and implement new ideas to improve process reliability, efficiency and product specification/quality which can positively impact plant productivity and profitability
• Troubleshoot existing problems and offer technical solutions to address these
• Proactively predict threats to process operations and discuss appropriate measures to mitigate their potential impact on the refinery
• Define, agree and deliver customer service plans as specified by contracts, ensuring the level of service satisfies the customer needs, meets all internal & external EHS and quality standards
• Optimize the service activities for all customers to maximize productivity as well as providing adequate cover for Holidays
• Support/Conduct regular performance review meetings as specified by the service plan
• Implement the Value Delivery model at all customer sites
• Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or similar degree or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Account Management or sales experience in water and process treatment company or industrial plant (steel mill, power plant, chemical plant, refinery).
• Availability to travel within assigned region.
• Possession of driving license required.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Desired Characteristics:
• Ability to prioritize and work within stringent deadlines
• Ability to effectively support multiple managers and teams
• Good project management and reporting skills
• Successful candidate will have demonstrated value selling strategies in business-to-business industrial environment
• Proven track record of exceeding aggressive sales quotas
• Successful track record penetrating new accounts and markets
• Effective benefit oriented presentation skills
• Goal oriented self-starter
• Selling & Strategic Account Management
• Development skills with high integrity
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Frequent travel within assigned territory
• Tools Proficiency with PC skills, including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Locations:
United Kingdom; Liverpool / Manchester area