This position is based in the center of the Alps, in Tyrol - a region that provides a pleasant variety of recreational opportunities and a high quality of life. We are passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. You can expect to join a diverse team, which offers comprehensive and international career opportunities and is known for leadership development. Our 1,500 employees at our location Jenbach are working in a collaborative way to power the future. GE’s reciprocating engines business sets an industry standard for fuel flexibility, lower emissions and higher efficiency. It specializes in developing local power near or at the point of use and gas compression solutions that deliver environmental friendly, more efficient, more affordable power to customers around the world. Role Summary:
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer Power Plants (m/f). Essential Responsibilities: Responsible for supporting our business partner during RFQ and order execution phase starting with scope assessment (division of work) up to detailed electrical engineering as part of order execution
Supporting commercial teams during offer phase with ad hoc techn. requests
Specifying & arrangement of el. equipment
Short circuit- & Load flow calculation
Carry out Electrical assessments & deriving optimization potentials (CM&U potentials)
Support technical clarification/explanations with customers
Strong contribution on our cost out programs to support further development
Closely working together with specialists across Engineering & Service
Further develop existing documentation (procedures, processes, tools,…)
Understand business implications in terms of growth and customer added value
- Dipl. Ing./Master (FH/TU) Electrical/Mechatronics Engineering
- Several years of experiences in commissioning/testing of engines/plants similar jobs in plant operation & maintenance are advantageous as well
- Acquainted with the applicable methods
- Business fluent in English language
- Familiar with calculation of Protection relay settings & Short circuit
- Familiar with common electrical standards
- A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
- You like working as part of an international team working on high performance products and having a high customer focus.
- You have a high affinity in a structured and target oriented approach.
- Your ability of setting priorities while staying focused is critical to success.
- You are strong in cross functional communicating at different layers.
- You are Independent, Proactive and Flexible.
- Working together with different types of customer is what you like.
According to Austrian law job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EURO 3099.59 gross monthly. Please note that this is the very minimum salary and will most likely be higher. The effective salary is based on the candidate’s Qualification and Experience and will be negotiated accordingly.
Familiar with EPlan is advantageous
Experience in plant optimization
Knowledge around synchronous condenser
(Gas-) Engine development background
Locations: Austria; Jenbach