GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with
more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For
more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook
and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube
channel.Learn More About GE Healthcare – Life SciencesLearn More About Careers at GE Healthcare –
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer
. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Role Summary:
The Global Medical Leader - Radiology is responsible for developing and managing the Medical Affairs Strategy for GE HealthCare’s radiology contrast media (including life cycle management, scientific support for marketing and commercial programs, support for clinical programs, Society and KOL plans, research strategy & publication plans for PMS and investigator initiated studies) and to provide scientific and medical expertise and advice on the products and related imaging modalities. Essential Responsibilities:
This position is focused to provide strategic scientific and medical guidance while most of the operational activities must be implemented by the medical expert team and the regional Medical Directors.Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide high quality medical expertise and strategic support to the life cycle management of the Radiology products in collaboration with the commercial and marketing teams and other functions as needed within GE Healthcare Core Imaging (e.g. Regulatory, Pharmacovigilance, R&D, HEOR, etc.)
- Collaborate with regulatory affairs and marketing in defining the Global strategy and executing the main medical programs
- Responsible of the Global KOL Plan including KOL interactions, Conference strategy and Advisory Boards.
- Define and lead the publication plan according to medical and communication strategy
- Define the strategy and assess/support strategic activities related to investigator initiated trials
- Lead Post marketing surveillance studies and collaborate with Clinical development providing feedback to the development plans
- Input to campaign strategy and brand positioning/messaging for key marketing programs and review and approval of Core Global materials for scientific content
- Oversight and support the creation of clinical summaries, training materials and medical information activities
- The candidate must be medically qualified and hold a M.D. degree with at least 3-5 years’ experience in industry, specifically in a similar Medical Affairs role; a candidate with a PhD with significant experience may also be considered
- Post graduate work experience in Radiology in any of the relevant sub specialties (CT, MR, interventional, US) or a related medical/scientific area
- Business knowledge and experience in a commercial environment; good understanding of the added value that Medical Affairs can provide to a dynamic, competitive and growing organization
- Basic experience in clinical research with ability to assess study proposals and publications
- Experience of approving promotional materials
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time (domestic and international)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Effective and comfortable presenting scientific information internally and externally
- Strong leadership skills; able to create a dynamic environment that fosters transparency, collaboration and innovative thinking.
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills; ability to influence and make recommendations at multiple levels of the company and to work in a virtual environment
- Ability to build long-term, deep KOL relationships
- Demonstrated project management skills to establish strategic goals and to prioritize, plan, delegate and evaluate deliverables
United Kingdom, United States; Massachusetts; Marlborough, United Kingdom