GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
The Lead Sales Manager is responsible for winning business from both new and existing clients within a defined product and customer portfolio. Developing the strategy for growing existing client business and well as sourcing new opportunities, this role will involve liaison with many technical departments to satisfy customer requirements.
• Within a geographic area responsible for selling product(s), services, parts, solutions, or projects.
• Contributes to sales plan in a specific region.
• Defines sales strategy for targeted clients.
• Products and systems requiring technical knowledge.
• Some customization to client conditions can be done.
• Cooperates with (technical) sales support to realize sales.
• Is leading a department with medium-sized estimated orders.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Proven experience in Sales Origination ideally within an Aviation related technical field.
• Experience of leading complex and high value solution sales.
• Proven ability to influence others and lead small teams in a matrix environment.
We always welcome part-time or job share applications.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf Desired Characteristics:
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
• Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
• Effective problem identification and solution skills.
• Proven analytical and organizational ability. Locations:
United Kingdom; Cheltenham