About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: As a Analytics Engineer, you will be part of a cross-disciplinary product development team typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert. Potential application areas include remote monitoring and diagnostics across infrastructure and industrial sectors, financial portfolio risk assessment, and Power Digital Operations Optimization product line.
Essential Responsibilities: In this role, you will:
• Work with customers to capture data and analytics requirements
• Develop, verify, and validate analytics to address customer needs and opportunities.
• Leverage existing Power teams, and work collaboratively with GE Software, Global Research, and other business entities.
• Work alongside software developers and software engineers to translate algorithms into commercially viable products and services.
• Work in technical teams in development, testing/ validation, deployment, and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics.
• Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods.
• Work with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics
• Generate reports, annotated code, and other projects artifacts to document, archive, and communicate your work and outcomes.
• Evaluate emerging analytics technologies, vendors and provide recommendations to the business.
• Communicate methods, findings, and hypotheses with stakeholders.
• Master’s Degree in Engineering/Science plus 5 year analytics development for industrial applications in a commercial/industrial setting OR Ph.D. in Engineering/Science plus 1 year analytics development for industrial applications in a commercial/industrial setting
• Demonstrated skill in the use of one or more analytic software tools or languages (e.g., JMP, R, Python)
• Demonstrated skill with SQL, querying data and exposure to Big Data
• Demonstrated skill at data cleansing, data quality assessment, and using analytics for data assessment
• Demonstrated expertise in modeling and in the development and application of descriptive, applied, and predictive analytics on industrial datasets
• Demonstrated skill in prescriptive analytics and analytic prototyping
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment, large variety of groups, and with team members at global locations
• Must be willing to travel to GE global locations & customer sites, typically less than 10%
• Demonstrated skill in data management methods
• Demonstrated skill in feature extraction and real time or batch analytics development and deployment
• Exposure of cloud computing technologies
• Exposure to GE Predix platform
• Exposure to Industrial Internet applications & outcomes through data & analytics.
• Demonstrated skill in one or more industry sectors of power generation/distribution (gas turbines, coal powered, Nuclear, reciprocating engines, compressor), and/or water & process treatment technologies
• Knowledge/exposure to industrial automation, onsite control systems, supervisory control systems
• Demonstrated skill in defining and delivering customer value
• Demonstrated skill at working in a team setting
• Demonstrated skill in critical thinking and problem solving methods
• Demonstrated skill in presentation and influencing skills
• Demonstrated awareness of how to succeed in ambiguous circumstances
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.