- GE Digital
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:32:20 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Digital Commercial Professional Services & Support
Location(s): United Arab Emirates; Jebel Ali
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Software Engineer serves as a technical expert responsible for the design and implementation of solutions on GE’s global Predix/APM platform. SW Engineer develops information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
• Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
• Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
• Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
• Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products
• Creating Proof Of Concept (POC) for feasibility study and demo the working model to the end-user
• Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
• Formulate and implement plans to achieve technical requirements
• Provide technical guidance to other personnel and assigned teams; mentor others in the organization
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Computer Science OR high school diploma/GED and a minimum 2 years industry experience
• Minimum 2 years of experience in development projects
• Demonstrate analytical approach to problem solving, takes initiative, exhibits strong communication skills, and demonstrates effective team skills
• Understanding of service based architectures using industry standard tools and technologies
• Understanding of business process modeling and messaging technologies
• Extensive experience with relational databases (Oracle and MS SQL Server) and time series databases (OSI Pi, iHistorian)
• Thoroughly understands and applies software engineering processes, procedures, tools and standards
• Customer focused with ability to develop & interpret requirements
• Experience with business intelligence including database design, ETL, JavaSpaces and Business Objects
• Knowledge of C#, .NET & J2EE platforms
Locations: United Arab Emirates; Jebel Ali