GE has confirmed it is exploring options for selling the Water & Process Technologies business. The plan to divest the business is a strategic decision that provides an opportunity to reposition the business for growth and further invest for long-term success. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power’s Water & Process Technologies is a global business that focuses on the world’s most complex water-related challenges in more than 100 countries. Employing approximately 8,000 people and headquartered in Trevose, PA, Water & Process Technologies provides innovative solutions that address the growing demand for increased water availability and quality, while improving customers’ productivity and meeting more stringent environmental regulations.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
The Services Data Analyst is one of the key players in the ES Services team with the following core responsibility:
Providing process specific support and analysis for the Services business in the EMEA Region.
• Data review and detailed process review reports to internal resources via InSight (a data collection and analysis tool).
• Provide support to InSight setup team (site setups and tag, chart and data quality reviews).
• Work with Services Management to aid in the design and implementation of upgrades and project work to existing water plants. Identify opportunities for future sales.
• Communicate with fellow Technical Support team members to leverage knowledge and ensure issues are recorded using Customer Issue Track (CIT) tool and understood to allow uninterrupted customer service.
• Submit, manage and contribute to CIT cases arising from Services Insight in EMEA.
• Submit Corrective Maintenance requests for execution by the Field services Teams throughout the region.
• Administer Equipment allocation to InSight accounts for Mobile deployments
• InSight Account creation and parameter verification
• Troubleshoot and repair data communication issues.
• Lead and/or contribute to Digital development projects as necessary
• Occasional travel to customer sites for hands on application of InSight Hardware, training, configuration and/or process/technology troubleshooting.
• Science or Engineering degree (process/chemical/mechanical preferred) or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Equivalent water experience will also be considered for this position
• Ability to work from fixed GE facility
• Excellent communication skills.
• High school technical diploma
• Fluent English spoken and written
• Good multitasking and prioritization skills.
• Competent use of Microsoft Excel and Word
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
• Proven ability to multitask on several concurrent projects
• Highly motivated with ability to work independently
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Desired Characteristics:
• Spotfire software familiarity
• Previous experience with water and/or wastewater treatment processes
• Process orientated
• Proven data management skills
• Language skills (French, Italian or Spanish) Locations:
United Kingdom; Peterborough