- GE Digital
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:03:39 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Digital Predix Products & Technology
Location(s): India; Hyderabad
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Responsible for designing, developing and testing software to create industrial internet products and services tailored to the needs of the GE businesses and external customers. Positions requiring understanding of a concepts, methods and procedures (technical Bachelor’s Degree).
Designs and programs a small module or a large component, feature, set of feature, whole feature area or entire product. Some areas of expertise may include, but is not limited to, networks, operating systems, databases or applications. May be responsible for the creation of an entire product. Expected to resolve problems through the application of acquired expertise guided by precedent. Works together with people from the business unit. Contacts are under guidance and/or geared towards specifying activities, planning of activities and giving explanations on technical issues. Communicates with direct team and supervisor. Presents to internal teams on metrics, project status and research.
As part of the Predix Platform engineering team, you will:
• Demonstrate the understanding of Agile software development lifecycle and able to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle.
• Execute in a fast pace delivery mode and focus in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
• Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
• Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
• Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
• Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
• Be an expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers the desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs
• Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
• Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
• Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• Minimum 3 years of hands on experience
• Deploy/Operate and maintain Hadoop/Cassandra/Apache Apex environments
• Experience in orchestration tools like like Chef/Puppet/Ansible/CFEngine
• Having automation experience in - Shell/Perl/Python/PHP/Java
• Experience in Big Data Storage and Processing Application development is a plus
• Experience working with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure etc)
• Must be willing to travel on need basis
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Hyderabad, India
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to work independently
• Strong problem solving skills
Locations: India; Hyderabad