Field Technician, Electrical
- GE Power
- Posted 6/18/2017 8:50:38 AM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Power Water & Process Technologies
Location(s): Kuwait; Sulaibiya
http://www.ge-energy.com/about/power_water.jsp, GE Power & Water provides
customers with a broad array of power generation, energy delivery and water process technologies to solve
their challenges locally. Power & Water works in all areas of the energy industry including renewable
resources such as wind and solar; biogas and alternative fuels; and coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear
energy. The business also develops advanced technologies to help solve the world’s most complex
challenges related to water availability and quality. Numerous products are qualified under ecomagination,
GE’s commitment to providing innovative solutions that maximize resources, drive efficiencies and help
make the world work better. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth.
Headquartered in Schenectady, N.Y., Power & Water is GE’s largest industrial business. Follow GE Power
& Water on https://twitter.com/@GE_PowerWater, Twitter @GE_PowerWater.
The Electrical Field Technician will be reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager and in functional to Electrical Field Engineer. He will be responsible to carry out maintenance/repair activities for all instruments in UF/RO plant along with new installations/modifications whenever required.
• To carry out all routine maintenance & repair activities of all electrical systems, equipment and components at UF/RO plant.
• Carryout the daily allotted job by the Field engineer and report the progress in day-to-day activities.
• Understanding the UF, RO VFD Panels and Soft-starters by control drawings and learning.
• Carryout the Maintenance of LV Motors, UPS, Heater Chillers, OH cranes, Air compressors and HVAC units.
• Skilled on New installations & Plant modification works for electrical part.
• Maintenance of UF, RO substation LV panels, MCC, MCCB, DBs & its controls.
• Bearing replacement, overhauling on all LV Motors.
• Understand Daily Monitoring and recording the maintenance log and task as per schedules.
• Cable laying, glanding & terminations up to 400 sq.mm armored cables.
• Able to carry out new wiring for lighting, socket circuits and modification as per industrial standard.
• Strong contribution on Safety enforcement by JSA Procedures/Instructions among their team.
• Co-ordination with Mechanical, Instrument & operation for smooth running of the plant.
• To understand the Operational Interlocks on UF, RO all electrical equipment without interrupting the production on day to day activities
• Obey and maintains high EHS performance on the site accomplishments for all maintenance activities.
• Optimized resource functions on Preparation of Quality assurance & Quality control documents.
• Diploma in Electrical & Electronics discipline or ITI in Instrumentation or Instrument trade certificate.
• Minimum 3 years work experience is required with Diploma and 8 years for ITI technician
• At least 2 years maintenance work experience, preferably in water & waste water treatment plant/Desalination plant/RO plant/power/petroleum/chemical or any other continuous manufacturing process industry
• Should knowledge in VFD panels and MCC‘s for troubleshooting and repairing.
• Fluent in English on speaking/ writing.
• Ability to work per priority, dealing with complexity and result driven.
• Good communication skills.
• Experience in water/wastewater treatment plant activities.
• Working experience in GCC country.
Locations: Kuwait; Sulaibiya