Senior Customer Reliability Engineer
- GE Digital
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:14:38 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Digital Commercial Professional Services & Support
Location(s): Australia; North Sydney
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Senior Customer Reliability Engineer will use cutting edge predictive analytics software and tools to analyze the health and performance of power generation, oil and gas production and exploration, aviation, and mining equipment located around the world using remote monitoring technology.
The Senior Customer Reliability Engineer must leverage industry experience, equipment knowledge, software know-how, and customer satisfaction skills to deliver world class predictive analytics and monitoring solutions to assigned customer accounts.
In this role, you will:
• Quickly learn and understand engineering processes related to power generation, oil and gas, aviation, and mining industries; leveraging the experience of the greater monitoring team when necessary.
• Quickly master cutting edge predictive analytics software and tools.
• Deftly manage customer expectations and satisfaction for assigned customer accounts.
• Deliver savings to your customer in the form of reduced maintenance costs and less unplanned downtime.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). Master’s preferred
• 4-8 years’ work experience
• Legal authorization to work in Australia is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
• Must be willing to travel 75% time
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Sydney, Australia
• Instructs others on how to thoroughly analyze data and present findings and recommendations in a way that is easy and simple for key stakeholders to make decisions; links analysis to overall business objectives and strategies.
• Can instruct others on processes and procedures. Advises the customer on most favorable outcome, anticipates potential issues to proactively circumvent issues. Adapts to exceptions and develops new procedures and workarounds for others to use. Resolves issues pertaining to scope, schedule and budget, or drive change management. Defines quality requirements.
• Modifies processes to simplify.
• Has demonstrable expertise and understanding of one or more products. Acts as a resource for others in solution design. Knows best practices which result in higher adoption of solutions based on product capabilities. Ability to communicate product capabilities internally and in customer facing situations. Understands regional challenges for each product, and develops mitigation strategies for functionality gaps. Can speak to key differentiators between our product capabilities and competing solutions.
• Demonstrates ability to diagnose and solve basic to intermediate issues; Able to isolate moderately complex scenarios down to actionable items within designated job function; Can be utilized to problem solve at customer sites as the GE representative.
• Serves as a coach/mentor to others on best practices for project delivery and execution; Acts as adviser to others in the area of customer satisfaction; focuses on tangible and intangible benefits to ensure customer awareness and satisfaction.
• Teaches others how to design and conduct a thorough client needs analysis and collect VOC data; Uses available client data to proactively identify possible needs before they are expressed by client; Can use advanced data analysis techniques to synthesize and act on information.
• Pioneers how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective. Knowledge of processes & tools critical to domain operations (e.g., regulations, standards, principles, etc.). Has practical hands on experience as well as academic knowledge on the subject.
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team; Able to navigate accountability in a matrixed organization; Communicates and demonstrates a shared sense of purpose.
• Demonstrated ability to define requirements and collaborate on solutions, leveraging personal technical knowledge and network of experts. Communication style encourages effective interaction with customer and cross-functional teams. Leverages knowledge of product capability to mitigate risk and drive desired outcome.
• Engages positively across multiple departments, GE businesses and customers to manage conflict and establish clarity, vision, and mutual trust in order to achieve a business goal. Models collaborative behavior to encode these behaviors among team members, fostering an environment of openness and mutual trust.
• Able to adjust information (e.g. level of complexity) and story to align with audience; Produces functional area information in sufficient detail for cross-functional teams to utilize, using presentation and storytelling concepts. Informs stakeholders of key customer issues, identifies potential problems or conflicts and resolves them when necessary.
• Influences and energizes others toward the common vision and goal; Able to maintain excitement for a process and drive new directions of meeting a goal in the face of unfavorable odds and setbacks.
• Demonstrates integrity and trustworthiness; Remains at ease in ambiguous work situations and is open to change; Contributes to an environment where teams are encouraged to reach beyond themselves and connect across constituent groups.
• Fosters a strong working relationship with customer in order to generate a clear understanding of their needs and concerns; possesses ability to think from clients’ perspective.
Locations: Australia; North Sydney