Accounting Operations Manager
- GE Global Operations
- Posted 7/21/2017 10:50:06 AM
- Job Function: Finance
- Business Segment: Global Operations Asia
Location(s): India; Chennai
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Inter Co COE Global Ops Finance Team is a component of the Global Ops Finance organisation. The Global Ops Finance India team provides various services in the area of finance and accounting centred on managing the IBS intercompany activity on behalf of the business. Invoice accounting, cash application, dispute resolution, collection follow-up, payment accounting, providing periodic dashboards, recording of accruals and account recs are key components of the role.
• Be the Point of Contact for all IBS Intercompany related activity for BUCs owned
• Perform activities on intercompany settlement tool (IBS) and ERP’s on a day to day basis - ensure timeliness & accuracy of data captured.
• Perform BUC tasks including Set-Up, release of Transactions, Error handling, Workflows, setting close dates
• Drive closure of IBS rejects and holds for BUCs owned
• Partner with various Finance Teams to enable success e.g. (B2P, R2R, WCS, SMF, PASU, GAMS, Corporate Treasury, Local finance teams)
• Manually book or monitor automated processing of IBS Settlement entries
• Manage the IBS to AP import process including resolution of any errors.
• Support adhoc project work in line with functional area and leadership priorities
• Actively identify process improvement opportunities within relevant areas
• Process simplification and standardization for cash and banking activities across multiple businesses
• Book borrowing and loan transactions such as cash pool interest accurately and timely
• Book Treasury contracts, trades and hedges as required; accurately and timely
• Manually book or monitor automated processing of banking transactions
• Supporting audits (KPMG, CAS, tax audit, Statutory audit, Central bank audit, Internal audit, etc.)
• Preparing operational KPI and drive data collection for periodical reporting
• Actively supporting the integration of different GE business processes to the Shared Service Center
• Participating in migration activities
• Support closing activities including booking accruals and passing relevant Edit Checks
• Account month-end journal entries and period close tie-outs
• Preparation of relevant Account recs and ensure timely resolution of any open items
B.com / M.com / MBA : > 6 Years of progressive accounting experience
Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office
Knowledge of ERP (SAP / Oracle) will be an added advantage
Must be a highly motivated self-starting individual
Requires strong analytical skills, ability to multi-task, & ability to learn new systems quickly
Ability to read, analyse & interpret information
Ability to handle business correspondences
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
Strong organizational skills with ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, consistently meeting deadlines with accurate & detailed results.
Locations: India; Chennai