At GE Aviation
, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re
manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation
teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest
problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our
culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber
talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products
or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and
advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for
generations to come.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
Reporting to the Manufacturing/Quality Leaders, the Manufacturing & Quality Intern will ensure full respect of technical requirements, essential for performing production activities. Successful internship assignments may lead to OMLP program placement (after internal recruiting process).
Please note that there is no open position yet but we want to know you when there will be. We are gathering potential candidates who would be interested in a 6 month internship starting in October/November 2017.
By successfully completing the internship you might have access to the selection process for the Operations Management Leadership Program (OMLP).
About OMLP: this leadership program includes 3 rotational 8 moths assignments in Manufacturing, Sourcing, and Quality.
The Manufacturing&Quality Intern will:
- Defined work or projects with moderate complexity. In this role you will follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- Develop manufacturing processes for New Product Introduction (NPI), documenting process changes, driving process / fixture improvements, driving lead and cycle time improvements, cost of quality (COQ), and Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) actions
- Define investment and expense needs, driving from preparing for approvals to completion
- Participate in LEAN initiative, and engage Six Sigma tools for process improvements
- Develop and implement process improvements to reduce costs and cycles
- Design necessary fixtures and tooling for manufacturing NPI’s and for process improvements
- Manage multiple projects by providing scheduling, resource management, budget control and EHS compliance
- Bring new ideas and positive support to the current process
- Implement productivity actions in order to improve the process and respect objectives
- Participate in EHS related actions, to improve safety in own area
- Lead and effectively interface with manufacturing, sales, marketing, and other support teams to complete projects to meet EHS, production, quality, cost savings, and new product development goals within schedule and budget
- Interface with vendors and internal contacts in an effective manner to ensure that the technical and EHS perspective is properly conveyed
- Assure that all engineering designs and technical data are complete and accurately documented to provide an accurate technical/historical base for future reference and to meet customer / end user requirements
- Masters Degree in Mechanical/Industrial/Aeronautical/Materials Engineering
- Fluent in English and Italian
- Outstanding academic achievement - Top 25% class (final grade minimum 104/110 or GPA 3 out of 4)
- Knowledge of technical drawings
- Geographic flexibility and global mindset
- EU work permit
- Strong problem solving and mentoring skills
- Six Sigma knowledge is preferred
- Change oriented mind-set
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Locations: Italy; Rivalta di Torino