GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
This is a unique opportunity for an A-level or equivalent school level to join GE in a full-time role while completing a course of study that is completely sponsored by GE. The apprenticeship offers experience in Mechanical, Utilities, Control & Instrumentation.
Continuation of Role Summary/Purpose:
Through work experience, studying, coaching, training and development (both practical and vocational) the successful candidate will be able to complete a course of study and obtain work related professional qualifications: At the end of 3 years, the successful candidate will be a full-time certified engineering technician.
• To assist and work under the guidance of qualified trades employees.
• Support the Preventative Maintenance programme by carrying out effective maintenance routines and repairs to prolong the useful life and optimise the efficiency of production equipment.
• Promote an environment of continuous improvement and innovation in line with lean thinking and Maintenance best practice.
• Maintain safety and regulatory equipment at all times and report any defects.
• Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with the Good Manufacturing Practices requirements maintained by the company.
• Work closely and interact with the other groups within the Engineering and Operations departments.
• Attend college and complete course work on time and to a high standard
• Ensure all college work, logbooks are kept up to date, in accordance with the apprenticeship requirements.
• Minimum 5x GCSE’s including Math, English and Science.
• Passion for Engineering
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
United Kingdom; Amersham